To be, or yacht to be

The Next Generation
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: To be, or yacht to be

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Well, the E-E's yacht seemed quite a bit more powerful than a shuttle; maybe they're used in situations where a more powerful auxiliary craft is needed.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

As opposed to a runabout? IIRC, didn't it have some technobabble primary weapon and no traditional ones?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Evev more strange to me was the Captains private dining room on the Intrepid.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Well, the E-E's yacht seemed quite a bit more powerful than a shuttle; maybe they're used in situations where a more powerful auxiliary craft is needed.
I agree with Mark - Data's craft from FC which Graham identified as a "Scout" or a runabout could have been comfortably carried in the E-E's shuttlebay. The non-canon yacht from the GCS is even weirder, as it was supposedly unarmed and incapable of FTL travel... a luxury shuttlepod, if you will.
Mark wrote:As opposed to a runabout? IIRC, didn't it have some technobabble primary weapon and no traditional ones?
I believe you're right.
kostmayer wrote:Evev more strange to me was the Captains private dining room on the Intrepid.
That doesn't bother me. Even small starships are very big things.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer