Olympic class

The Next Generation
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Olympic class

Post by Lazar »

What do you think of this ship? It harkens back to the Daedalus with its spherical primary hull, maybe sacrificing warp field efficiency for robustness and volume. It looks pretty solidly built, and it appears to have about 30 decks. It seems like it may have a couple of secondary vehicle bays in addition to the larger, well protected rear shuttle bay. The armament appears limited to phaser arrays, maybe for treaty reasons.
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Olympic class

Post by Teaos »

I think the design is more a statment of "Hey I'm a hospital ship don't shoot!" than anything else.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Aye, it's probably built that way so that there's little chance of it being mistaken for a warship.

Personaly, I like it.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

One of my favorite Trek designs, mostly for breaking with the "sausage and eggs" format. I'm also a big fan of hospital ships.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I love it. Its design is elegant in its usefulness. Its spherical hull allows for a lot more medical facilities.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

One of my favourites, for its practicality and usefulness (without the semi-warship bull that comes in other more civilian style things). And its not that bad looking either.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Agreed. The design is actual very pretty in it's practicality, and I like the dorsal-mounted shuttle bay in the middle of the secondary hull - I envision it being easier to get evacuees to the medical facilities, or ship them out again, and it allows for triage to be performed closer to the actual hospital part of the ship.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

I think that it not only looks different, but that it looks good, most of the time different means it has to look retarded. But in this case it looks really good, and also I like it being a dedicated hospital ship.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I think we should get a picture of this thing in glory, I hope that it doesnt flag up an illegal hotlink again ¬.¬

EDIT

I.HAVE HAD. ENOUGH. OF. THIS. FUCKING. THING.

-rants into the fridge- it listens...honest
Last edited by Reliant121 on Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Your gonna be arrested again...

What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Its really not a bad looking design. The hospital ship is a great idea. They would have been nice to see in the Dominion War.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
katefan
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by katefan »

Deepcrush wrote:Its really not a bad looking design. The hospital ship is a great idea. They would have been nice to see in the Dominion War.
I like the design as well. As for why we did not see them, perhaps they do not exist yet? We saw them in a flash-forward.

Still, it would have been neat if the season after DS9 was lost Sisko's gang was broken up and Julian was serving on an Olympic class.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Even if they did exist, it's no surprise that we didn't see them. They'd be operating behind the front lines.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Not to mention that AGT was an alternate reality that doesn't exist. The ship might not exist in 'canon' Trek.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Its a canon ship, just one that we aren't sure of it's timeline.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu