Olympic class

The Next Generation
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Olympic class

Post by Mark »

SomosFuga wrote:What exactly a hospital ship is supposed to do do? i mean we never saw one in action.
and how many of them have starfleet? at least proportionately.

I always saw them as being sent to respond to planet wide medical disasters and such, and to evacuate the wounded from fleet battles. You know, if fleet A has an engagement and suffers casualties, you need to get those that can't go back to duty out of sickbay to make way for the next wave that WILL come in, right?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Sounds about right. The state of technology seems to indicate that there isn't a need for some facility to deal with problems which a typical sickbay can't, as the "typical" sickbay is likely as capable as any hospital. The problem, as Mark puts it, is capacity.
SomosFuga wrote:What exactly a hospital ship is supposed to do do? i mean we never saw one in action.
Ever see TNG: "All Good Things... ?"
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

Mikey wrote:Sounds about right. The state of technology seems to indicate that there isn't a need for some facility to deal with problems which a typical sickbay can't, as the "typical" sickbay is likely as capable as any hospital. The problem, as Mark puts it, is capacity.
Ever see TNG: "All Good Things... ?"
Of course, but what they did with the ship on that episode wasn't exactly her original purpuse.
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!