Roga Danar

The Next Generation
Schrodinger's Hat
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Re: Roga Danar

Post by Schrodinger's Hat »

kostmayer wrote:Didn't O'Brien fix the transporter and beam Odo to safety during the DS9 pilot by kicking the console to get it working?
I'll be damned... you're right. He did. All hail percussive maintenance!
Warning: Erwin Schrodinger will kill you like a cat in a box. Maybe.
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

Schrodinger's Hat wrote:I'd love to see that. Just once, I'd love to see the ship faced with some kind of engineering problem and very little time to solve it... and the solution turns out to be Geordi or someone just picking up a ten-pound sledge and going to town. Hell, if I were a Starfleet engineer, I'd keep a sledgehammer and a fire axe in my office just on general principles... y'know, in case we ran into one of those "out of control ship's system" problems that seem to keep cropping up.
Voyager: "Profit Motive" - In order to turn off the matter/antimatter reactor the Ferengi returned to prevent transporter use, Chakotay . . .

. . . shoots it.

Yes, a matter/antimatter reactor problem is solved by shooting it. Instead of, maybe, pressing the power button! :bangwall:

That should have been solved when someone read the script. They could have pointed out that having Chakotay look at the reactor and press part of the surface (on the side away from the camera), have a chime at the right time (any button press chime, or a cha-ching sound), then have the light dim; would have been cheaper on the FX budget than doing a phaser beam and the special effects of the explosion.

If someone asks later how he knew where to turn it off, Chakotay explains that the Maquis often bought supplies from the Ferengi, and he read the labels.
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

But they thought a phaser shot would be cooler!
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.