17km Sovereign

The Next Generation
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

17km Sovereign

Post by Teaos »

OK, ok, I know most of us have seen this many times and have all had a laugh.

But everytime I looked at it I only got to the 17km bit and started laughing. But the whole ship is just awesome.
Length 16764m, Mass 4,000,000,000 tons
Yeah ok this is just stupid. But I love how he came us with a rather random number 16,764 for the length, but had a nice round number for the mass.

Something that made me laugh when I thought about it, I heard somewhere that the weight of the air in a 747 is 2 tonnes and is actually taken into account in the mass of it. Imagin the weight of the air in this thing.

Then there is the little things like hundred meter high meters.
270 degrees/sec maneuverability
A 3/4 turn in a second? In a ship that is 17km long? Is that even possible? Imagin the forces inside this ship...
Warp 15 (11,390,625c) Cruise, Warp 24 (191,102,976c) Emergency
Ok I wasnt positive how to work this out... however. I quickly ran the numbers and it seems as if this ship can cross the 70,000ly that Voyager needed 70 years to cover in about 2 days...

From what I can tell one of the big points this guy keeps making is that we cant prove him wrong (yeah right) or at the least there is a little bit of proof for his side (like the trip to the centre of the Galaxy in a few hours...).

But unless we believe Voyager is a few thousand times slower than a Sovereign this is just reatarded. Even if Voyager was that slow why didnt they just send a Sov to pick it up...
5250 Type-12 megaphasers (7.2 megayottawatts) in 18 arrays
Ok so 5250 mega phasers.... firstly it seems he thinks an array is just a series of phaser emplacements, which from what I've seen isnt really how it works. Second... over five thousand... little excessive maybe.
6 Type-10 rapid-fire quantum torpedo tubes (@15 torpedoes / s) with @4500 casings
12 Type-8 rapid-fire quantum torpedo tubes (@10 torpedoes / s) with @3000 casings
24 Type-6 burst-fire quantum torpedo tubes (@12 torpedoes / 2s) with @1800 casings
40 tubes? I dont think we quite saw that many. But it amuses me to think that since this ship is scaled up to 17km one of the visible tubes could probably fire and Intrepid out of them... 15 of them a second apparently as well.

It can fire a fucking fleet!
Castrodium/neutronium triple hull
710cm active deflector plating, 420cm high-density reactive armor, 245cm multilayer ablative arm
Fuck yeah 13m of armour!!!!!

Also this guy needs to do some math cause I'm pretty sure Neutronium armour would weight more than he seems to think. Also it would likely slow it down and have it be slightly less agile than 270 degrees a second.

And here are some of his awesome techno babble words

megayottawatts
isoteraton
gigayottawatt
petayottawatt
megacochrane
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: 17km Sovereign

Post by Deepcrush »

I think of this guy like I do most people of the world. A sad joke in life and great waste of air.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Post by Lazar »

:wtf: :lol:
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Yes, it is funny. Until you think about the fact that this person may breed. There could be dozens of little GWs running around one day. Each one more pathetic then the last.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Warp 15 (11,390,625c) Cruise, Warp 24 (191,102,976c) Emergency
Huh. His "Warp 24" corresponds exactly to GK's warp 576 on the Cochrane scale. :?

It also means that you could reach the Andromeda galaxy in a little under 4 days at that speed...

The "Warp 15" standard cruise is also identical to warp 225, and yeah, it would take 2 days, 5 hours to cross 70,000 ly. :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Kind of streches credability.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Teaos wrote:Kind of streches credability.
Maybe a little bit.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Man, I'd forgotten how dumb that thing was.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Are we really going to do this *again*?

I mean... how many times can you say something is stupid before you look stupid for spending the time on it that you are? :roll:
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

I think its more an interesting look into this guys mind then it is about anything cool or Trek related.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Cpl Kendall wrote:I think its more an interesting look into this guys mind then it is about anything cool or Trek related.
Agreed. :lol:
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

He has pages from Trek and pages from Wars. And he never directly compares them. Yet it is blatantly obvious what he thinks. He gives TIE fighters lasers with a power of 10 J not 10 KJ or TJ's but 10 single jouls. Which treknology has 1^78 J power.

I'm thinking he is a Wars Vs Trek debater who got his arse handed to him so many times he made his own grosely exagerated trek canon to point at.

But it is SO extreme as to make me think it is almost a parody.

I mean, this guy seems to have a decent grasp of physics even if he does abuse it. So he must realise that a laser with the power of 10J would not even give you a tan.

The more I think about it the more I think it is a parody site done by a Wars fan to mock Trekies.

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

10 joules? I think my lightbulbs have more power than that.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I would think so, I'm not great at converting Watts to J ect but I'm sure a 60 Watt bulb would use more than 10J...

Reading the rest of the site I'm more and more convinced its a parody.

He claims the Death stars main beam weapon is around the same power level as a SINGLE type XII Phaser. So the Sovereign is a system buster apparently...

Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

1 Watt = 1 Joules/second.

10 Watts = 10 Joules/second.

So a 60 Watt light bulb has a flow of 60 Joules of energy a second. If you leave a 60 Watt light bulb on for 1 minute, it would use 3,600 Joules in that minute.

If you own a 60 Watt light bulb, you're more powerful than a space fighter in this guy's fantasies.

Edit: I did some research about modern lasers. I found a FAQ about a laser welder. It takes 4-8 Joules to weld platinum, and upwards of 30+ Joules to weld silver.
Energy in a Laser Welder
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park