The Next Generation
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: More Sins of the Father questions

Post by Sionnach Glic »

me,myself and I wrote:
Captain Seafort wrote:
Picard is certainly right to the extent that he demands justice and his devotion to his officer is admirable, and it is he who is morally superior to the Klingons here.
Is he? Risking a war with the Federation's closest allies over a single man? A war that there's a good chance the Feds would loose, and one that would, either way, cost millions or billions of lives.
Yes. Of course, as this is a matter of personal choice and opinion, like the Insurrection debate there will be very little we can say to each other to change the others mind.
Would you say the same thing if such a situation had happened in the real world?
Imagine that, in 1980, a US Navy captain did the same thing to the Russians. He'd be risking nuclear war, all for the sake of one man. Would you consider that worth it? I think not.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"