The 300(ish) metre klingon bird of prey

The Next Generation
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: The 300(ish) metre klingon bird of prey

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Mikey wrote:We have many more unmarked graves... and always room for one more.
So those are the "gardens" the state nickname speaks of? 8)
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

hey no shame in synagogues at all, i didn't mean that, but hadn't heard from you in ages so did my 'summon mikey spell' by eithering mentioning judaism, the middle east or st jerome :-)
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

whoops you meant sculpting/wargaming , d'oh
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Captain Picard's Hair wrote:
Mikey wrote:We have many more unmarked graves... and always room for one more.
So those are the "gardens" the state nickname speaks of? 8)
Something like that. :twisted:
Granitehewer wrote:whoops you meant sculpting/wargaming , d'oh
There we go. Good morning!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

am still a little sensitive, as was accused of being an ''intolerant bigot'' because i softly suggested within earshot that people can integrate into a mainstream culture whilst preserving their heritage.....was bowled over at having a woman in full veil complaining that i didn't recognise her (am assuming from her eyes....) and then demanding that i didn't look at her, as such is forbidden due to the potential of arousing lustful thoughts.......(i guess if i have a fetish for net curtains).
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

So, you should recognize people without looking at them, and now being tolerant of people who want to preserve their heritage is bigotry? Umm... OK. :roll:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

although mikey, i took one for the team, as used to wear a black greatcoat, and had a fair bit of mud flinging from those who assumed i was a ''yahud'' :-)
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

last klingon bird of prey point from me, about two years ago,spent six hours painting up an armada of b'rels, with a white dominance and orange feathers, ala 'balance of terror' (i read the brief klingon-romulan alliance/technological exchange bit in an old edition of the encyclopaedia), and then two hours later ''enterprise'' came on, showing the klingon BoP to have been a long established klingon design, whoopsy! lol
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Personally I'd always have said the BoP was a Klingon design, given the design of a large engineering hull, wings, and a small command hull - very similar to the D7.

That's quite some project though, spending so long repainting so many models - very impressive.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

if we ever manage a blighty ditl meet, i'll bring a few freebies.
I see your point about the BoP, its just i'm intrigued by intrigue, and would love to see more shared designs, apart from the vor'cha