Most accurate EE blueprints?

The Next Generation
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Most accurate EE blueprints?

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Actually, that seems to work just fine. The launcher still has room for loading, and the access to the yacht is clearly not impeded.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Post by Lazar »

LaughingCheese wrote:PROBLEM SOLVED?!?!
Yes, I have come across those recently. The problem is that those blueprints do not match the ship on screen - the launcher / yacht area has been structured differently, and if you look at the other pages, the nacelles are also placed differently. The assembly as shown in INS is just technically impossible - the tube is placed directly on the yacht's separation line, which would mean that the tube would be at a crazy angle (if it fit at all) and access to the yacht would be blocked. To make things worse, the on screen MSD doesn't match the exterior shots at all.

But if we want to make sense of the Sovereign by tweaking it a bit, then that person is on to something. Going on page 8 of the set, I think the best solution would be to move the tube to the large flat area above the separation gap. It would look reasonable, and it would be at least barely within the realm of technical plausibility.
Last edited by Lazar on Sun May 03, 2009 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

Lazar wrote:
LaughingCheese wrote:PROBLEM SOLVED?!?!
Yes, I have come across those recently. The problem is that those blueprints do not match the ship on screen - the launcher / yacht area has been structured differently, and if you look at the other pages, the nacelles are also placed differently. The assembly as shown in NEM is just technically impossible - the tube is placed directly on the yacht's separation line, which would mean that the tube would be at a crazy angle (if it fit at all) and access to the yacht would be blocked. To make things worse, the on screen MSD doesn't match the exterior shots at all.

But if we want to make sense of the Sovereign by tweaking it a bit, then that person is on to something. Going on page 8 of the set, I think the best solution would be to move the tube to the large flat area above the separation gap. It would look reasonable, and it would be at least barely within the realm of technical plausibility.
OMG, does this mean that, we need a thread for fixing the Sovereign too?!?!!??! :shock: :lol:
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

LaughingCheese wrote:OMG, does this mean that, we need a thread for fixing the Sovereign too
nope...we've got this one already :mrgreen:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Post by Lazar »

My thread is punnier though. :lol:
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."