TNG Back On TV

The Next Generation
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

TNG Back On TV

Post by Sonic Glitch »

TNG is coming back to full syndication this year, at least in the US. http://trekmovie.com/2009/01/27/tng-hea ... ndication/
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Re: TNG Back On TV

Post by Lazar »

That's cool.
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Good deal.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

It's pretty much never stopped being on TV in the UK. One or the other satellite channels is almost always showing Trek. In fact pretty much all the Trek series are playing somewhere or other; on any given week I can almost always catch a TOS, TNG, and DS9 at the very least.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

GrahamKennedy wrote:It's pretty much never stopped being on TV in the UK. One or the other satellite channels is almost always showing Trek. In fact pretty much all the Trek series are playing somewhere or other; on any given week I can almost always catch a TOS, TNG, and DS9 at the very least.
...bastards...
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Well, since I don't have cable or satellite, this is no help to me. Good deal for everyone else, though! :)
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Well, since I don't have cable or satellite, this is no help to me. Good deal for everyone else, though! :)
I thought it said CBS. :confused:

Anyway, you won't be getting anything unless you get a converter soon.

We have some TOS and DS9 in syndication now, but 83% of the CBS market is huge.
as Bull offed Custer
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Well, since I don't have cable or satellite, this is no help to me. Good deal for everyone else, though! :)
Could you splice in the neighbors cable? Ignoring the obvious illegalities i mean... :spider:
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mikey wrote:I thought it said CBS. :confused:
Hey, it does! I'd seen a commercial the other day for TNG airing on some cable network, so I didn't even read the article. :doh:
Mikey wrote:Anyway, you won't be getting anything unless you get a converter soon..
Already got 'em. Now, I just need a universal remote to put my ancient TV on channel 3 so I can use it. :?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mikey wrote:
I thought it said CBS. :confused:

Anyway, you won't be getting anything unless you get a converter soon.

We have some TOS and DS9 in syndication now, but 83% of the CBS market is huge.
Where can I find either of those? Spike doesn't seem to show it or voyager anymore, and TOS is on TvLand at 6am. Any other places?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Those were the only ones I was thinking of.
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

me,myself and I wrote: Where can I find either of those? Spike doesn't seem to show it or voyager anymore, and TOS is on TvLand at 6am. Any other places?
Sci-Fi? Space in Canada airs all of them IIRC, though at ridiculous hours. Like 0100 for TOS.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

around here I've been on a dry spell:

Spike used to show Voyager at like 3/4 and again at midnight and DS9 at 1AM
ENT and TNG could be seen on Sci-fi monday and tuesday respectively at 6
TOS was on regular TV at like 2.

Now: Spike no longer shows Trek, Sci-fi shows at most 1 Ep of ENT or TNG on friday at 7, and idk if TOS is still on...but this will be nice with TNG coming back...I love that one :D
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Like Graham, I can already watch most Trek series. I know Sci-Fi shows the TOS eps all the time, and Virgin shows DS9 and VOY. TNG makes apperances on various different chanells, and the networks seem to have given up hoping that anyone will watch it and stopped showing ENT (at least, I haven't seen it on anywhere).
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Rochey wrote:Like Graham, I can already watch most Trek series. I know Sci-Fi shows the TOS eps all the time, and Virgin shows DS9 and VOY. TNG makes apperances on various different chanells, and the networks seem to have given up hoping that anyone will watch it and stopped showing ENT (at least, I haven't seen it on anywhere).
ENT is on 5pm M-F on Sci-Fi EST, TNG is on 7pm on Fridays on Scifi, TOS(R) is supposedly in syndication with CBS but there haven't been any new episodes, and it is also on TvLand at the crack of dawn. DS9 and VOY are supposedly on SpikeTv, but I haven't seen them in over a year.