Borg Weapon Adapting

The Next Generation
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

They obviously dont replace every organ in your body. Seven and Picard were just fine when they had their stuff removed. And I dont remember them having to replicate new organs(can they do that?) although I may be wrong there.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I wonder what happened to Picards fake heart after he got assimilated. Did the nano probes improve it or leave it. If they touched it it would have needed replacing probably. I can't see him wanting Borg tech in him even if it was better.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Was BoBW before or after "Tapestry?"
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Mikey wrote:Was BoBW before or after "Tapestry?"
Long before, but Picard's run-in with the Nausicaans happened back when he was an ensign, and had already been referenced in Samaritan Snare, before BoBW.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Yeah it was a turning point for him and happened while he was young.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

You're right of course - Picard was rather young when he got his artifical heart. So it was in place by the time he was assimilated, and I recall no mention of Borg interference when it failed in "Tapestry."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I imagine they left it alone. Like Teaos said, Picard would want as much borg equipment out of his body as possible.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"