How would you have the E-D dying?

The Next Generation
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

How would you have the E-D dying?

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

I mean, after the extremely sub-par performance in Generations, how would you have written the E-D being destroyed?
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: How would you have the E-D dying?

Post by stitch626 »

Someone accidentally kicks the warp core. :lol:
Kidding.
I would have had it fall to three Vorchas, though it would have destroyed two before it was lost. Then, just before it blows, a Nebula drops out of warp, destroys the final Vorcha, and beams the crew off.

This is only after five seconds of thought though.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

I'd have it be the victim of the Dominion. It was still around dirng the first initial contact, and could have lead up to Worf joining DS9 better so he could have some sort of revenge thing against the Dominion.

Like, it falls in battle to a Dominion Battlecruiser and six fighters, taking out all the fighters and badly damaging the Battlecruiser before going down?
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

It should have been a) in a straight up battleship-against-battleship shootout, not an obsolete heap of junk and crap war core design and b) for the survival of the Federation, not some irrelevent planet-of-the-week.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Seconded. It should have died in glorious combat against a superior foe, fighting to the last. Maybe eventualy being destroyed when Picard rams the blazing hulk of the E-D against the enemy vessel to save Earth.

I mean, I'm sure everyone here knows by now that I have nothing but utter loathing for the pathetic excuse for a flagship, but it deserved to have a properly heroic end.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Same. I'd have Picard screaming "RESISTANCE IS FUTILE" as he buries the burning wreck of the Enterprise into the side of the damaged borg cube in orbit of earth.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I'd have it going down much like Rochey stated, but with the enemy making a "noble" gesture to allow Picard to surrender, with Picard responding "That'll be the day." So basically, Yesterday's Enterprise. :-D
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I get a bit fed up with plots that always involve the entire Federation being at stake, or Earth. It gets old after a while. I quit eliked the idea that Picard was fighting to save some little planet somewhere that nobody had ever heard of and nobody ever even saw.

Damn straight they should have given Lursa and B'Etor a Vor'Cha, possibly two. Didn't have the money, I guess.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Would have been a nice touch to see his court martial at the beginning of the next film.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I'd have it fighting the Romulans. A one on one with a D'Deridex, the two great ships of the two great powers slugging it out with each other.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I haven't really thought too much about this, but I agree strongly with two comments here.

#1 - GK is absolutely right. Willing to go to the mat for some world you've never heard of, as much as you would for Earth, is a phenomenal symbol of the gregarious morality that Roddenberry envisioned for 'Trek. As bad as some of the concepts were that were involved in Insurrection, that was one of the good ones.

#2 - Dead on, Teaos. Through TNG, GCS v. D'Deridex had been painted as the great symbol of the cold war standoff, and it would seem appropriate to have the E-D go down in the process of bringing down a D'Deridex.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Aye, that would have been cool.

Seriously, what they hell were they thinking having it go down to a BoP?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Rochey wrote:thinking
That's kind of a wild presumption, isn't it?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Rochey wrote:Aye, that would have been cool.

Seriously, what they hell were they thinking having it go down to a BoP?
Given the combination of BoP and the atmospheric entry, It's possibly they were trying to invoke the spectre of the old Enterprise going down over Genesis. Stupid, given the wildly different situations, but possible.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

That's just dumb.