Sovereign-class vs Dominion Battleship

The Next Generation
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Sovereign-class vs Dominion Battleship

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

Inspired by the Sovereign vs Scimitar topic.

Which ship would be the most likely to win?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Sovereign-class vs Dominion Battleship

Post by Teaos »

Probably would have been best to wait for one of the other "vs" threads to die before doing this, other wise we will get swamped with them.

And we know bugger all about the Dominion battleship so just like the Miranda thread its all but impossible to say.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

Teaos wrote:Probably would have been best to wait for one of the other "vs" threads to die before doing this, other wise we will get swamped with them.

And we know bugger all about the Dominion battleship so just like the Miranda thread its all but impossible to say.
We do know that the Dominion Battleship is three times more powerful than a Galaxy-class.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

A subjective claim. How strong is a GCS?

And three times as strong in what way?

According to DITL and many other people the Defiant is quite a bit stronger than the GCS yet it couldnt even scratch the Battleship.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

The Dominion Battleship is a wildcard as far as ships go. They have a ton of weapons on broad and most likely a lot of armor. That however is just about all we know. They must have been a pain to build since we've only ever seen 3 or 4 of them. Only one which was in combat, against a damaged ship, crew made of kids, months behind the lines and with a CO more pumped then Hulk Hogan. Not a great judgement to go by.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

We do know that the Dominion Battleship is three times more powerful than a Galaxy-class.
Source?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

That's from "Valiant" - when Jake was trying to persuade the cadets not to commit suicide by taking the thing on he described the battleship as "twice the size of a Galaxy class Starship, and three times as strong". While a reporter isn't likely to be the most knowledgeable of individuals, he presumably got that information from someone who knew what they were talking about, and the accuracy of the statement is reinforced by the fact that no-one contradicted him.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Okay, thanks.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
mlsnoopy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by mlsnoopy »

The Dominion BB is probably more powerfull than the Sovereign, but the Sov has greater manuverbility. So I think that It could stay out of the firing arc of the DBB biggest guns. So victory to the Sov.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

That would be my guess as well, Snoopy - however, it stands to be reiterated that the only up-close action I recall of the Dom battleship is in "Valiant," in which it expended about as much effort as you or I might in swatting a mosquito.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I think we may have seen it fight in the final but I'm not sure.

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

If we did, I don't think we saw any lengthy detail.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

We didn't. We saw a shot of some of them in the Dominion fleet, but we never saw them firing later.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

The problem with judging the battleship's effectiveness is that we only ever saw its point-defence guns firing. Either those were actually its main guns, in which case they have excellent coverage but relatively poor firepower, and the ship's strength comes from large numbers of them, or the main guns were never fired and we therefore don't have adequate evidence to compare the ship with the Sov.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

And therein lies the problem of comparing them.