The Redshirts

The Next Generation
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: The Redshirts

Post by Teaos »

Do you think that Redshirts got killed as a way of revenge against the Redcoats?
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Teaos wrote:Do you think that Redshirts got killed as a way of revenge against the Redcoats?
And the Hessians! We've had Japanese, Russians, Africans (or African-Americans,) Caucasians, Irish, Scottish, etc.... but no Germans or English!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I still do not see what's left to do for the redshirts,
They'd most likely function as officers for the various low-ranking crewmen engaged in minor tasks around the ship that we don't see.
but I am after all only an unenlightened guy from "old europe".
Hey, everyone knows Old Europe's where all the fun is. :P
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I wonder WHY they switched department colors. Why switch Operations from red to gold, and Command from gold to red. Never could understand the motivation behind that. I'd imagine it confused alot of people for a while.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Mithrandir
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Mithrandir »

Mark wrote:I wonder WHY they switched department colors. Why switch Operations from red to gold, and Command from gold to red. Never could understand the motivation behind that. I'd imagine it confused alot of people for a while.
I don't think so. I mean, they had an awful lot of uniform designs and colors in the meantime. I suppose, they got too confused with all the different colors on those TOS-Movie-uniforms and decided to go back to the "good old times" with only three colors (and messed it up getting them right :wink: ).
Image AEIOU: Austria erit in orbe ultima! Image
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Remember that the TOS movies (STII-STVI) had their own uniforms that were without department colors. They even looked like real uniforms!
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Bulky uniforms. Not very comfortable to work in for a 8 hour shift by the looks of things.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Deepcrush wrote:Remember that the TOS movies (STII-STVI) had their own uniforms that were without department colors. They even looked like real uniforms!
I think they did have department colors, on the tunics worn under the maroon jackets.
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I wonder WHY they switched department colors. Why switch Operations from red to gold, and Command from gold to red. Never could understand the motivation behind that. I'd imagine it confused alot of people for a while.
What happened was that the Redshirts, tired of being used as canon fodder by their malicious Goldshirt overlords, staged a mass uprising all across Starfleet. The revolution was bloody, but the Redshirts finaly prevailed and consigned their former oppressors to the menial and dangerous jobs they had once been forced to labour and die at, while they siezed control of Starfleet and ushered in the era of the Redshirts.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Rochey wrote:
What happened was that the Redshirts, tired of being used as canon fodder by their malicious Goldshirt overlords, staged a mass uprising all across Starfleet. The revolution was bloody, but the Redshirts finaly prevailed and consigned their former oppressors to the menial and dangerous jobs they had once been forced to labour and die at, while they siezed control of Starfleet and ushered in the era of the Redshirts.
Works for me. :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

"I'm Ensign Ricky!"

"No, I'm Ensign Ricky!"

"I am Ensign Ricky!"
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Nice............. I could live with that.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

:laughroll:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mithrandir
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Mithrandir »

Deepcrush wrote:Remember that the TOS movies (STII-STVI) had their own uniforms that were without department colors. They even looked like real uniforms!
They had department colors. Quite a few!
Image AEIOU: Austria erit in orbe ultima! Image