Weekly Warinificationness

The Next Generation

Who'd win in a pre TNG/DS9 era conflict between the Romulans and the Cardassian Union?

The Romulan Star Empire?
88%
The Cardassian Union?
12%

Total votes: 17
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Weekly Warinificationness

Post by Sionnach Glic »

But they would have been mad at being called a "person," right?
Pretty much, yeah. :P
If he is talking about the person I think he is talking about, it isnt the person who shall not be named
Uh...huh?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

:bangwall: :wtf:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Can someone make a smiley holding a sign that says "DITL"? :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Its nice to see this war got so much talk... :roll:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Because it was so one sided, you want a debate give us something that we can debate on. When I started the WotW's I gave wars that could go either way, this one was a curb stomp.

Romulans would win, Cardassians would lose.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

no,teaos, conflicts are not as clear cut as that at all, technical supremacy, convergence/divergence of political and public will and sustainability and adaptivity/maladaptiveness of industrial bases are no guarantors of a victor in a conflict, from the Halfaweyen, Sikut, Mahas ,Danagla , midianites, sakae, parthians, kshatriya, to the twentieth century struggles and successes of the mgbo, ogba, ukwuani to the north vietnamese or the Hmong, Yao, Tai dumm, and Shan or armenians and dagestanis.
From the egyptian middle kingdom until now even in Caucas conflicts or turko-sinic central asia , there are far more variables and it is naive to suggest otherwise or to base the assumption of a military outcome of half a dozen variables.
You may have a hard time believing my statement about the vote change, but its true, i'm not in the habit of lying and am buoyed by your optimism of the integrity of forums' population, and for 99% its true but the incident of which i spoke is true.
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

True that their can be cases where sides that seem to be at a disadvantage can win but in this case most people didnt seem to think so.

It seems the vast majority think the RSE is superior or a match in every way thus the war isnt much of a war.

The reason a Federation Vs RSE war gets more debate is because it has more options.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

true,am just glad you,rochey,mikey, deepcrush, tsu, reliant,gk,seafort and all the others are such good debaters, i used to be on other forums and here at least there's real mental nourishment, even if i often lose or am in the minority lol.
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

You usually can't be "wrong" around here, unless your debating a point that has an obviously right and wrong answer. A lot of the debates are just opinions or moral debates.

My personal favorite debate that I've been in here was with Seafort, we were debating whether the Transporter kills you or not. No right or wrong answer, just opinions, but I was right :D

Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

lol, the main thing is you and others dont sling s**t at each other, thus keeps the conversations here above a morass of insults or petty retaliation.
i didnt realise until yeaterday that someone had been banned from here, must be a ditl first
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

We've banned bots and stuff before but that was the first full member ban.

Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

lol i'll not humiliate my weak understaning of technology and openly ask what a bot is......sheesh sounds like i missed a bit of a war
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Its when people make bots that will automatically join forums and make threads trying to sell products ect. Pretty much spamming the board.

Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Teaos wrote:My personal favorite debate that I've been in here was with Seafort, we were debating whether the Transporter kills you or not. No right or wrong answer, just opinions, but I was right :D
You go on believing that of you want to. :wink:

That one was indeed a good'un. One where there was evidence to support either side, and on where people could genuinely agree to disagree.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Just out of curiousity, DOES the transporter kill you???

:::ducking and taking cover:::

:takecover:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.