They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Speed Limit

Post by Mikey »

No, I meant that. Nemesis appeals to the id, rather than the ego.

anybody buying that?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mikey wrote:No, I meant that. Nemesis appeals to the id, rather than the ego.

anybody buying that?
No..nor do I get it.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Freudian psycholanalytic terminology.

But, yeah, it was a typo.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

We've gotten so good at rationalizing trek, we can explain away typos now. We ARE talanted!
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

TNG played "superego" for so long, it was due for a change :wink:
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
ultron2099
Senior chief petty officer
Senior chief petty officer

Post by ultron2099 »

um ... by the way, the speed limit was for only a certain sector of space. For some unknown reason the fabric of subspace in this limited area suffered from the generation of warp fields. however, this was not a UNIVERSAL constant. That is why a science vessel was going to be dispatched to study the phenomonen and hopefully find a way to reverse the damage.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

I always thought it was universal - the region of space in question just suffered the effects more because it was a space corridor travelling at high warp.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
katefan
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by katefan »

kostmayer wrote:I always thought it was universal - the region of space in question just suffered the effects more because it was a space corridor travelling at high warp.
I think you are right; I recall an epsiode where Picard got special permission to exceed the warp five limit to get to a location as soon as possible.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

katefan wrote:
kostmayer wrote:I always thought it was universal - the region of space in question just suffered the effects more because it was a space corridor travelling at high warp.
I think you are right; I recall an epsiode where Picard got special permission to exceed the warp five limit to get to a location as soon as possible.
I could be wrong, but I think Picard gets permission at the beginning of "The Phoenix". Its the one with Captain Picard day at the beginning :)
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

To bad we never got to see Commander Riker day, too.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

kostmayer wrote:
katefan wrote:
I could be wrong, but I think Picard gets permission at the beginning of "The Phoenix". Its the one with Captain Picard day at the beginning :)
"The Pegasus," that is. The Phoenix was the renegade Nebula class ship chasing down Cardies under Captain Maxwell in "The Wounded."
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Thanks, always get those two mixed up :)