Speed Limit

The Next Generation
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Re: Speed Limit

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mark wrote:
me,myself and I wrote:
Teaos wrote:Nemesis was fine.
I agree.
Refer to Rochey's nemesis script.
I like it, i can also see why some people think it's trash...and I really like Rochey's script.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

It has its flaws but so do most of the movies. Over ll I find it very entertaining, more than I can say for many of the other ones.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

May I ask exactly what you two find enjoyable about it?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

It was fun to watch, it might not of had the most solid plot but it was enjoyable.

The wedding was fun to watch, the crew just sitting around relaxing like old friends.

The scene on the planet, a bunch of guys playing around with a big beach buggy.

The fight scene was beautiful to watch.

While the dialog its self was not great there was some good acting with it.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The wedding was fun to watch, the crew just sitting around relaxing like old friends.
That bit was nice, I'll give you that.
The scene on the planet, a bunch of guys playing around with a big beach buggy
And violating the PD, despite Picard's constant efforts to uphold it.
The fight scene was beautiful to watch.
Eh? You mean the fight where Shinzon's uber-ship fired the same two guns over and over again? I found that to be a major let-down. Particularly when you factor in the incompetance of everyone involved in that scene.
While the dialog its self was not great there was some good acting with it.
True.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Eh? You mean the fight where Shinzon's uber-ship fired the same two guns over and over again? I found that to be a major let-down. Particularly when you factor in the incompetance of everyone involved in that scene.
Every other time we have seen a ship in combat we see it fire a phaser, maybe two at once, let lose maybe 3 torpedoes.

Even when fighting the Borg they were only tapping away one phaser array at a time.

This the the E-E let lose, Dozens of phaser beams firing, dozens of torpedoes being launched. Fast paced action and multiple ship combat.

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Every other time we have seen a ship in combat we see it fire a phaser, maybe two at once, let lose maybe 3 torpedoes.
Yes, but when you're told a ship has 52 guns you expect it to unleash a hail of fire from its armament. Not the same two fracking guns firing over and over again regardless of what position the E-E is in.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

But when it has 50 weak guns and 2 strong ones its hardly suprising they use the strong ones.

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

There was never stated to be any difference between the guns.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Which doesn't preclude their being a difference, does it?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

No, but when Worf called out the armament you'd expect him to point out "oh, and only a few of those guns are actualy of any use at all, so there's no need to worry about the other few dozen".
In fact, if there was a massive power difference between the guns to the extent that they don't even bother firing them, then what's the point of building them onto the ship in the first place? It would be a massive waste of resources.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

You could ask the same thing of the E-D or E-E; neither one of them fired most of its arrays during most of the battles they were in.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

True for the E-D, although it did cut loose most impressively during BoBW, but the E-E seemed to fire all the weapons in could bear in all three films - against the Cube in FC, against the Collector in Insurrection, and against teh Scimitar in Nemesis.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

The E-E fired very few phasers in First Contact or Insurrection. It did a more impressive job in Nemesis, but there are still more than a few arrays we have never seen it use.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

GrahamKennedy wrote: but there are still more than a few arrays we have never seen it use.
Really? Where? And if we've never seent them in use how do we know they're there? :-)
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."