Vulcan isolationism is somewhat of a gambit

The Next Generation
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Vulcan isolationism is somewhat of a gambit

Post by Granitehewer »

So a) if the vulcan isolationist dissident and her movement in 'Gambit' TNG was successful, or b) V'Las and his romulan collaboration wasn't foiledpre Vulcan Reformation (ENT: "The Forge", "Awakening", "Kir'Shara") or c) Spock and his reunification movement had gained momentum, what would be the outcomes for the 1) united federation of planets, 2) vulcan and the 3) romulan star empire?
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Vulcan isolationism is somewhat of a gambit

Post by Teaos »

The Federation wouldnt suffer much. If anything the Vulcans would hold them back from being more adventures. They might lose a little bit of honor though with a founding member leaving.

The Romulan empire would gain a lot of knowledge but I cant see them playing together nicely.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The Federation would lose virtualy nothing.

Vulcan may well be in a worse position.

The RSE gains very little.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Vulcan WOULD be in a worse position. They go from being senior members of the most powerful alliance in the AQ to the Romulans bitches.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

the parsimonious issue here is how important is Vulcan to the federation and vice versa
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

The Federation doesnt really need them. They offer a bit of industry and population but nothing over whelming. The Vulcans need the Federation more than the Federation needs them.

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Not very, I imagine. The Vulcans no longer have a tech lead over humanity, so they won't lose any tech advantage. Their planet doesn't really seem to be that densley populated, so they won't be losing a big chunk of their population. We've never heard of shipyards in the system, so the Federation won't be losing any industrial capacity. And the system has little, if any, military forces, meaning Starfleet won't be affected.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

i always imagined,again imagined rather than collated data,that the vulcans were one of the prime movers in the united federation of planets from their infinite diversity in infinite combinations ideologies and prime directives, to technologies, had always imagined that the vulcans were on a rough par with the romulan star empire and so their loss would heavily impact the federation but perhaps this would have been more valid during the TOS era......
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

They were one of the prime movers in getting the UFP to the way we know it now, but they're no longer necessary for it to function. The only thing the UFP would lose is their ego, nothing more.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

yeah!!! kill them all!!!! lol
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Yeah back in the day they were important but TNG+ they are nobodies.

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Well, the Federation would be losing an important source of... um, sand.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

And sunburn!
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

The only problem I can see is that a hostile power is now located inside the core of Federation space, and within striking distance to the other founding member worlds. Somehow, that scenario has written Section 31 all over it. Watching their response would be interesting, though.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

This raises an interesting sub-question: would the Vulcans be a mitigating influence on the Romulans, or would the Romulans be an aggressive influence on the Vulcans?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer