Crusher to Pulaski to Crusher

The Next Generation

Enterprise D's Chief Medical Officer???

Crusher (happy she returned)
82%
Pulaski (should have stayed)
No votes
NEW (should have gotten somebody completely new)
18%

Total votes: 17
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Crusher to Pulaski to Crusher

Post by Mark »

I've often wondered WHY??? Why did this have to happen? Why did we lose Dr. Crusher for season 2? And if she left the show, why did she return? Would it have been better to stick with Pulaski, or get a completely new CMO for the E-D. What do you guys think?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Crusher to Pulaski to Crusher

Post by Teaos »

The real reason was McFadden thought she wasnt getting enough screen time and didnt like the way her character was treated so she left. After the producers saw that the new girl wasnt working out and the fans missed crusher they brought her back with promises of more parts.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I was glad to see her back. I wouldn't have personally liked Crusher, but I thought the character was well-played and I liked the romantic tension between her and Picard a lot better than the same old "I have medical prerogative over the captain" bit that Pulaski always pulled.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Crusher. I liked her soft voice and overall calm personality.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I liked Crusher a hell of a lot more than Pulaski. Pulaski was Bones with little of the compassion Bones had.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Ah but Pulaski had that sweet arse...
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I preffered Crusher over Pulaski. A better and more interesting character, I thought.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Teaos wrote:Ah but Pulaski had that sweet arse...
:[
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Teaos wrote:Ah but Pulaski had that sweet arse...
Um, are you feeling ok???? :worried:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

:worried:
Do you have a fever?
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

While I didn't like her much as a kid, the more I've watched season two, the more I've come to like Pulaski. She was clearly meant to represent a doctor along the lines of the McCoy tradition and filled the role well. She was cantakerous at times, cynical towards the nature of Data (See: McCoy&Spock), and opinionated, but also compassionate, intelligent, and willing to know when to back down. I can see why people found her ascerbic, but she had a great depth to character that I never really saw from Crusher.

Crushers shining moments were few. I don't dislike her, but how many episodes would truly have been worse without her presence? She was great as a new commander in Descent, a sympathetic character in Remember Me, wonderful in Attached, and probably at her best in Suspicions. Would anyone care to refresh me any other episodes that she really put in a good to great performance? I found her interactions with Wesley to be annoying and the interplay with Picard to be obvious and tedious often.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

The problem I had with Pulaski is just that: we already had a McCoy.
as Bull offed Custer
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

I always hated her attitude towards Data - McCoy might have thrown a few digs at Spock, but there was mutual respect, and Spock gave as good as he got.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

kostmayer wrote:I always hated her attitude towards Data - McCoy might have thrown a few digs at Spock, but there was mutual respect, and Spock gave as good as he got.
But if you notice, by the end of season two (think Peak Performance) she was begining to become impressed with Data and clearly see him as a friend. Even if not, can you really blame her? Put yourself in the position of someone on the Enterprise. Here is this technological marvel (or technological freak, if you wish) who is designed human, but is better in nearly every imaginable way. Yet despite this, he strives to be less than what he is (A nearly direct quote from Q in the book I, Q). It stands to figure that there would be humans who were resentful, jealous, or unwilling to accept him as equal, even in the 24th century. Her struggle to get past it (remember she was new to the ship) is a plotline in and of itself.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Good point.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"