USS Stargazer

The Next Generation
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: USS Stargazer

Post by Sionnach Glic »

WTF?
Please tell me this isn't going to be as stupid as I'm imagining?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Don't worry, its not.

It's already gone way past that point.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Hey, tell me your not curious. I destroyed several cars in my youth, and I want to see if Blackstar is on par with me. Of course I never tried to WRESTLE one :roll:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Pushed a chevy S-10 up an overpass once (so we could roll down the other side to a gas station), and held a chevy Blazer on an angled driveway while my friend worked on it (I don't recall why we couldn't use the brake, but there was a reason), and that concludes my car-wrestling experience. Besides pushing dozens of stalled vehicles, and push-starting a few others. Never wrecked a car, though. Not even so much as a ticket.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I and three buddies once picked up and moved a mid-80's Dodge Reliant K. Of course, a bottle of vino nobile de Montepulciano and two of Remy Martin V.S.O.P. were involved...
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

The bolded bit seems a frequent phrase whenever you and cars appear in the same post
I was going pretty slow, no faster then 50 MPH. Then the guys in front of me started slamming their brakes, and this was in the mini-van which has horrible brakes to begin with in the snow...well, I don't think my speed would've made much of a difference.
Mark wrote:Ok, Blackstar. Total them up for me. Exactly how many cars have you totaled? Including assisted suicides.
Well, technically I only totalled the cavalier. The Sunfire's engine was the only part of the car damaged, and the mini-van only damaged the hood-latch which was fixed on site.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yes, but the Sunfire is permanently out of action, right? I'd count that as totaling it.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Rochey wrote:Yes, but the Sunfire is permanently out of action, right? I'd count that as totaling it.
Nope. I just need $1100 to replace the engine.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Ah, right.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

It's cheaper then replacing the car, and other then the engine it's in fairly good condition for an 11-year old car.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Blackstar the Chakat wrote:It's cheaper then replacing the car
Are you sure? I can't see an 11-year-old Cavalier being worth too much more than $1100.
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Mikey wrote:
Blackstar the Chakat wrote:It's cheaper then replacing the car
Are you sure? I can't see an 11-year-old Cavalier being worth too much more than $1100.
The Kelly Blue Book says the private party value for my car(if the engine still worked) would be about $1,550. With as tight as money is for us right now $450 is a lot. And there aren't a lot of places that sell cars in good condition for that kind of money anyway. Not to mention the sentimental value. That's the car I picked up my first girlfriend in...ahh...good memories...wish I could get that stain out though.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

AFAIK, Kelly Blue Book still doesn't write checks. Even if you had a buyer for it for $1550 (which I doubt, with no engine and all,) I'd say it's worth the difference to get something without the wear on the rest of the vehicle as well.
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Mikey wrote:AFAIK, Kelly Blue Book still doesn't write checks. Even if you had a buyer for it for $1550 (which I doubt, with no engine and all,) I'd say it's worth the difference to get something without the wear on the rest of the vehicle as well.
Maybe but the problem is finding a car that fits my needs. This Sunfire was the closest we could find in our price range.
Grundig
Commander
Commander

Post by Grundig »

Hope you can work out your car situation, Blackstar. Cars are terrible machines, IMHO. But the Big Three hijacked the infrastructure and now we're stuck with em.

Hey does a car count as me totaling it if I wasn't in the car? I say no sir. That car should damn well have known not to back into the wall while I was opening the garage. :P
"I have nothing to say, I am saying it, and that is poetry."
John Cage