Romulans....what were they doing?

The Next Generation
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Romulans....what were they doing?

Post by Sionnach Glic »

It would be far more effecient to simply put warp drives on the BoPs instead of having one ship run around and reposition several others. Particularly given that they're patroling interstellar space.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Personally, I agree with the concesus, but I thought I'd throw that out there. It was interesting reading, (didn't buy it, but interesting never the less).
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Mark wrote:Personally, I agree with the concesus, but I thought I'd throw that out there. It was interesting reading, (didn't buy it, but interesting never the less).
Where'd you see this anyways?
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Oh, gawd.......in a fan fic I read (I THINK fanfic.net but I could be wrong). It was supposed to have taken place shortly after The Balance of Terror. Starfleet sent Enterprise to investigate how the "impulse ship" got there anyway. Enterprise ended up stumbling across a "mothership" (for lack of a better term) that launched BoPs like an aircraft carrier. Had 11 ships left, was able to carry twelve (minus the one from BoT). The thing was basically like a big warp engine with a support crew. Enterprise ended up triggering some kind of anomoly and the thing was destroyed.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Ah, right.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Mark wrote:Oh, gawd.......in a fan fic I read (I THINK fanfic.net but I could be wrong). It was supposed to have taken place shortly after The Balance of Terror. Starfleet sent Enterprise to investigate how the "impulse ship" got there anyway. Enterprise ended up stumbling across a "mothership" (for lack of a better term) that launched BoPs like an aircraft carrier. Had 11 ships left, was able to carry twelve (minus the one from BoT). The thing was basically like a big warp engine with a support crew. Enterprise ended up triggering some kind of anomoly and the thing was destroyed.
*Groans* Bloody technobabble solutions. Plus the fact that E-nil had trouble with one BoP in Balance of Terror. How's she expected to stop a dozen of them?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Quantum. Duh. :P
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Mark wrote:Oh, gawd.......in a fan fic I read (I THINK fanfic.net but I could be wrong). It was supposed to have taken place shortly after The Balance of Terror. Starfleet sent Enterprise to investigate how the "impulse ship" got there anyway. Enterprise ended up stumbling across a "mothership" (for lack of a better term) that launched BoPs like an aircraft carrier. Had 11 ships left, was able to carry twelve (minus the one from BoT). The thing was basically like a big warp engine with a support crew. Enterprise ended up triggering some kind of anomoly and the thing was destroyed.
So someone wrote a whole fanfic based on completely misinterpreting Scotty's quote in BoT? :roll:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Hey, people have written stupider things.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

*cough* ENT *cough*
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Rochey wrote:Hey, people have written stupider things.
Yeah, but they're usually the staff writers, not the fans. :P
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Hey, the writers were fans at one point, right?

Then again, looking at ENT I'm not so sure....
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

No, if they were then they would have seen the show before they started writing it.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Deepcrush wrote:No, if they were then they would have seen the show before they started writing it.
:lol:
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

And suddenly everything becomes clear.....