Question about Wolf 359

The Next Generation
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Question about Wolf 359

Post by MetalHead »

Watching Best of Both Worlds on YouTube and noticed Admiral Hansen proposed opening negotiations with the Romulans.

Judging the VERY FIRST ENCOUNTER with the E-D, where the phasers blasted gaping holes in the superstructure of the borg cube, what would have happened if the Romulans and Klingons had arrived in time to assist?
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Question about Wolf 359

Post by Teaos »

If the Borg hadnt addapted to their weapons like they had to the Feds I imagin they would have been a great help.

But I highly doubt they would have come at this point. Not enough is known about the Borg. Granted we don't know if the other power have encountered them but we could safetly assume no.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

and remind be but did the Klingons even arrive to assist or not?
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I'm pretty sure they didnt.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I thought the Romulans had had bases or colonies destroyed by the Borg (although they didn't know it was the Borg at the time) already.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Yeah they did but I;m not sure if that means they know about the Borg or just that someone out there is messin with them ( Like Q )

Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

in ''unity'' VOY, there are flashbacks of klingon birds of prey and battlecruisers attacking a cube, just perhaps not at wolf 359
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

We know that the Borg have assimilated Klingons, Romulans, and Ferengi as well.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Which is really annoying. You'd think a Cube close enough to grab those species would cause havoc in the quadrant. The Feds could bearly fend them off, I doubt anyone else could, maybe the Romulans and Klingons with heavy loses.

MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

The Borg...sigh. so complex!!

Booze and Strippers!
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

unicomplex,lol
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

what i fail to see is why the collective dosn't just send a full size fleet to earth in the first place. Really, the Borg are quite placid given their strength and desire to assimilate.

Booze and Strippers!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Because, like all races in the Trek universe, they're morons.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Talos
Senior chief petty officer

Post by Talos »

Rochey wrote:Because, like all races in the Trek universe, they're morons.
Well I've heard some explanations that are better... one had something to do with Q (he admited in an episode that he introduced the Borg to the Federation) so it's probably Q magic and when the Borg calculate how many ships they have to send to assimilate the Feds they always end up with the number 1 :lol:
Since the explanation of the Klingon forehead problem I believe that anything can be explained in the ST universe :roll:
Talos

Post by Talos »

In answering MetalHeads question I am positive that a combined fleet of Feds, Rommies and Klingons would destroy the cube... any cube. I don't think it's posible to adapt to so many different kinds of weapons at the same time.