Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Romulan Fleet

Post by Teaos »

Troops have gear and other needs.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

So does a crew. Doesn't mean you can fit it if you try.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Teaos wrote:The GCS can carry 6k troops? Where is that from?
TNG - Yesterdays Enterprise
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Deepcrush wrote:
My hand hasn't been broken in months, even though two of my fingers did heal weird. By weird I mean weird angles that just don't look right. I might take a week off of work and have my friend reset them for me.
That's not what I meant.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Yeah thats what I thought...
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

"The Ensigns of Command" also states that the E-D can accomodate at least 15,000 passengers, at least on a short term basis. With all the equipment troops would require, plus the necessity to keep them combat ready while they're aboard, 6,000 seems about right for the "real" GCS as well.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Deepcrush wrote:that vacum could carry troops between places so long as their being alive wasnt important.
Interestingly, from what we've seen of infantry action in 'Trek, having the ground-pounders arrive dead may not be that much of a negative adjustment. :lol:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I don't think the D'Deridex has a great troop-carrying capacity, personaly. When they went to invade Vulcan, they had a whopping 2000 troops on their ships. If they could fit more on board, don't you think they would have?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Rochey wrote:I don't think the D'Deridex has a great troop-carrying capacity, personaly. When they went to invade Vulcan, they had a whopping 2000 troops on their ships. If they could fit more on board, don't you think they would have?
All those troops were on the captured Vulcan ships disguised as a peace mission - they were are Tojan Horse, not a conventional assault force. Whether they thought that would be enough to secure the planet (in which case they're idiots) or they intended to secure key areas of the planet and then launch a full scale invasion to reinforce them is unclear.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I don't think the D'Deridex has a great troop-carrying capacity, personaly. When they went to invade Vulcan, they had a whopping 2000 troops on their ships. If they could fit more on board, don't you think they would have?
Those were little Vulcan transports that they were using. Only one D'D was there at the time which most likely would have been the ship to deliver the troops. We could without any stretch there for take that the D'D was indeed supporting 2,000 troops.
Interestingly, from what we've seen of infantry action in 'Trek, having the ground-pounders arrive dead may not be that much of a negative adjustment. :lol:
That and in fact they may even save resource. Now you don't have to feed them anymore. Is it me or is this starting to sound like a Russian Army tactic?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

To be fair, the Russian Army didn't actually deliver dead troops to the front... they just didn't take any great pains to make sure they stayed in their current condition.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Its close enough.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Hmm, seems I mis-remembered the episode.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

By a good bit too.... Nice job mister smarty pants!
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Lets just assume the design works and is very versatile. If this is the case, it all comes down to interchangable parts. It's significantly easier to build a whole lot of one big thing than a bunch of different smaller things.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?