Weapons and equipment of Romulans/Remans

The Next Generation
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Weapons and equipment of Romulans/Remans

Post by sunnyside »

This is in relation to the 40K thing we might do. But could be interesting anyway.

So what weapons and equipment have we seen them using? I actually know little about this as I skipped Nemesis.

Anyway there are the smaller SMG phase rifles and smewhat larger phase rifles on the romulans.

There is the scorpeon attack ship for ground combat.

Anything else we've seen them use that would be relevant for ground combat?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Weapons and equipment of Romulans/Remans

Post by Teaos »

I believe it was said the Remans were used as shock troops during the Dominion war so they would probably have some good ground equipment.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

I haven't found anything Reman specific, in NEM their weapons functioned like any other Romulan weapon save for thier fire was white. IIRC they also had a built in bayonet on the rifle.

I suggest that the attack flyer be turned into a skimmer as it's weapon is placed poorly to attack from the air. It's mounted right on top.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Teaos wrote:I believe it was said the Remans were used as shock troops during the Dominion war so they would probably have some good ground equipment.
The Klingons were used as shock troops, and they've got nothing but pistols and knives.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Agreed, on both the Scorpion weapon placement and on the bayonet score. Tough to tell about their directed-energy weapons - they were potent enough to hurt people, but didn't seem to cause any structural damage in the vicinity; of course, there was no dialogue about power settings or such.

The Scorpion seemed fairly unprotected, even with a nominally closed cockpit - they might match up woth jetbikes, even.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Mikey wrote:Agreed, on both the Scorpion weapon placement and on the bayonet score. Tough to tell about their directed-energy weapons - they were potent enough to hurt people, but didn't seem to cause any structural damage in the vicinity; of course, there was no dialogue about power settings or such.
Well Picard did weld the shuttle bay door shut with one. Though I suspect that it was just equivilant to tacking something, it didn't take very long after all and he only needed to delay them.
The Scorpion seemed fairly unprotected, even with a nominally closed cockpit - they might match up woth jetbikes, even.
Yeah, it looked pretty flimsy. Throw them a bone and give them a low power sheild or something.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Cpl Kendall wrote:I haven't found anything Reman specific, in NEM their weapons functioned like any other Romulan weapon save for thier fire was white. IIRC they also had a built in bayonet on the rifle.

I suggest that the attack flyer be turned into a skimmer as it's weapon is placed poorly to attack from the air. It's mounted right on top.
Heh, I did that once. Designed a lovely little ground attack craft, kinda like a Cobra attack chopper. Only not being a helicopter I didn't have rotors, so I put a whacking great pair of cannon on top where the rotors would have been. Had it all finished and looking lovely when I suddenly thought "hey now... how the hell do those things fire down?" Live and learn. :)
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

I think I'd have the scorpeon be one of the light combat skimmers. Like landspeeders and eldar vypers.

It seems the "put something where the rotor would be" is a popular option.

What I think I really need help on is the Reman. Or are they just human equivalents with disrupter rifles? I suppose that's easy enough to work with. Though some are apperantly telepathic but they can't go after people not telepathic themselves.

Also Romulans don't have the extra strength or nerve pinch of the Vulcans do they. They're more like humans with sneaky tendencies yes?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

They certainly haven't seemed to have any superhuman physical abilities.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

sunnyside wrote:
It seems the "put something where the rotor would be" is a popular option.
Yeah. :roll:
What I think I really need help on is the Reman. Or are they just human equivalents with disrupter rifles? I suppose that's easy enough to work with. Though some are apperantly telepathic but they can't go after people not telepathic themselves.
We haven't seen much of them, I think the only HtH we saw was the Viceroy and he got fairly beaten by an overweight XO.
Also Romulans don't have the extra strength or nerve pinch of the Vulcans do they. They're more like humans with sneaky tendencies yes?
They are Vulcans really. Catchacans are rated stronger than a baseline human right? Use their stats.
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

They're certainly more ripped. But not enough to go from a 3 to a 4. Though strength and overall nastiness is factored into weapons skill and they have a higher value for that.

What else do they have. They've got a shuttle. But that's too big at Danube size.

I guess they've got their little tholaron bombs.

I don't think we've seen them. But somehow it seems appropriate to give romulans personal cloaks. Hmmmmm or maybe instead they could have small transports that are cloaked. That seems more cannonish.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

sunnyside wrote:They're certainly more ripped. But not enough to go from a 3 to a 4. Though strength and overall nastiness is factored into weapons skill and they have a higher value for that.

What else do they have. They've got a shuttle. But that's too big at Danube size.

I guess they've got their little tholaron bombs.

I don't think we've seen them. But somehow it seems appropriate to give romulans personal cloaks. Hmmmmm or maybe instead they could have small transports that are cloaked. That seems more cannonish.
Go with a cloak capable skimmer or something, we've never seen a personal Romulan cloak (that wasn't an accident). The thaloron bombs could be transformed into a grenade.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Romulan Stats
WS 2 BS 3 Str 3 T 3 A 1 In 2 Ld 7

Weapons
Disrupter pistol str 4 ap 5 assault 1
Disrupter rifle str 5 ap 5 assault 1 heavy 2
Combat blade (counts as close combat weapon)

Bonus
Can have grenades
Can dual weild pistols (This means they get to shot twice)
Hatred (plus one to hit against klingons WS 3, BS 4)
Officer, WS 3, BS 4, Str 3, T 3, A 2, In 4, Ld 10
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

ws 2 is very Tau. isnt it? a little too poor for the romulans and remans,who surely should be on a par with the average human?
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

First off, those stats are only for the Romulans. The Remans will have stats of their own that I will work on shortly.

Secondly, I to was unsure about the WS 2 rating. Here is my reasoning. I've never see a Romulan who was a good close combat fighter. They are sneak attack and ambush fighters. They also seem too avoid boarding and ground combat whenever they can. Only during the planned attack on Vulcan have I heard of Romulans planning a ground assault.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu