Weapons and equipment of Romulans/Remans

The Next Generation
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Re: Weapons and equipment of Romulans/Remans

Post by sunnyside »

They do have army ranks though. And some of their craft are reported as troopships I believe (though those could be for Remans).

I can't think of a Romulan close combatant either.

That's an awfully like Ld for a regular squad upgrade officer though. An HQ or Tal Shiar operative sure. I kinda like the different take on the romulan disrupter.

Though this thread was meant more about collecting cannon Trek info on kit they're have and on their structure.

For example uhlan seems to be their "soldier" rank. And for HQ type leaders it's Commander, Subcommander, and Centurian

For stating stuff maybe start a new thread over in the new wargames subforum.

I'm not sure if I'd trust you with Romulans deep, but I'd like to see you take a shot at Klingons. Do you have the old VDR rules?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

The stats on the romulans are based off of their actions in cannon. Low WS and low Ld. They act largely like a conscript force which would give minimal training and would have poor morale. Where the Romulan race is one of my favorites in ST, I am also trying to remain fair in terms of stat creation.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I think that all looks good.

Welcome Back Deep. Been missing you :P
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I'm glad you approve. Also remember that these stats are racial stats. They are in no way showing of special officer or characters. I am basing this off of what the AVERAGE person of that race would likely be.

Thanks, it's good to be back.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

its the evil mastermind megalomaniac side that i missed the most. Seafort and others have been trying. but they dont quite compare.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

OK, it took me a while to get back to this but here I go...

Reman stats
WS 3 BS 3 Str 3 T 3 In 3 A 1 Ld 8

Weapons
Disrupter Pistol str 4 ap 5 assault 1
Disrupter Rifle str 5 ap 5 assault 1 heavy 2
Reman Shock Rifle str 3 ap 6 assault 3 (Short range & Bayonet +1 attack) ( +3 pts per model)

Reman Shock Rifle, I figured on this because I was thinking that if the Remans were to be used as fodder and shock troops then they should be equipped to match. A low power, rapid fire weapon useful against most races yet not so great that it would let them overtake their masters.

Bonus
Can have grenades
Fanatics (all units use Army leader's Ld as long as leader is alive)
Hatred (plus 1 to hit against Romulans)

I think of the Remans much like the Kroot of the Tau Empire. Cannon fodder sure enough, cheap in cost and more then enough to go around. Just like the Kroot I have made them pretty dangerous when they get up close. The short range shock rifle would have a range of 12 or maybe 18. Many many shots followed by the Remans charging the enemy lines. As much as 6 attacks per model in fact. The weak weapon would force them to get close before they were of much use though, this is to avoid being BROKEN.

Do we have a place where I could post all these stats to? Just to give them a central area I mean.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Reliant121 wrote:its the evil mastermind megalomaniac side that i missed the most. Seafort and others have been trying. but they dont quite compare.
Not everyone can share my dreams of endless war and a Starfleet that has an IQ.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Why anyone would want war is beyond me...
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Deepcrush wrote:
Reliant121 wrote:its the evil mastermind megalomaniac side that i missed the most. Seafort and others have been trying. but they dont quite compare.
Not everyone can share my dreams of endless war and a Starfleet that has an IQ.
:angel1:
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Deep:
How dare you compare those Morlocks to the Kroot! :shock:
Going by what I've seen, I'd compare the Remans more to a bunch of Chaos cultists than the Kroot. See, the Kroot are actualy good at combat.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Rochey wrote:Deep:
How dare you compare those Morlocks to the Kroot! :shock:
Going by what I've seen, I'd compare the Remans more to a bunch of Chaos cultists than the Kroot. See, the Kroot are actualy good at combat.
A** kicked by Will Riker. 'Nuff said.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

First off, Will Riker is PIMP! Second, I didn't say they were good at combat. They are how ever good cannon fodder and seem to like to get up close and personal. You forget that I am a Tau Empire player. I know Kroot and I know their uses. If I wanted to make the Remans real kroot then I would have given them the ability to win in close combat notice that I did not. I made them 3's across the board.

Really, do we have a place where I should be posting these stats so that we can have them all in one place?
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

First I must say I've never been impressed by Kroot, even in close combat. Though I've only been facing them not playing them, and I'm Eldar.

Secondly he's made these guys into guardsmen. Not CC based at all. Though I notice you leave some details out deep. Most notably the ranges on weapons. But also armor values and points.

Anyway there is a wargame board now. You could start a new thread there with stats and stuff. Though I think these threads have run their origional course. I'm don't think additional ground combat cannon is going to be forthcoming.

Anyway you're sorta already doing it. But some of us are thinking that the multiple fire modes need to be somewhat represented . I was thinking, at least for Starfleet, that they'd have more normal stated "kill" setting shots most of the game but could make one attack with the power cranked up all the way to the top. Acting like a combi weapon.

However having weaker heavy shot options for races that are supposed to only have stun, kill, and vaporize options instead of the really high output options would make enough sense so what you have should work.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I have set up a new topic in the wargames section, please read and comment and changes or additions anyone can think of.