Interesting facts about "Future Imperfect"

The Next Generation
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

He probably just wanted to give himself two parts, so he can get twice as much money out of his last film.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

The only reason he was killed apparently was because Data is supposed to be immortal and not age, Spinner was getting to old.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

The only reason he was killed apparently was because Data is supposed to be immortal and not age, Spinner was getting to old.
Pretty much, he couldn't see himself playing a character who doesn't age while he himself is.
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, there's only so much that make-up and stuff can do.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

Who knows, maybe if they do some Trek five years down the line, feature film I mean, or ten years down the line, they could do a CGI Data and Brent could just do the voiceover. Or they could even invent some storyline that he found a way to alter his appearance to simulate aging with the crew, or anything else. It certainly wouldn't be impossible. Much like the Doctor changing over time as he "evolved" and became more human like in Voyager, or Geordi going from headband eyesight to CGI super lenses.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I suppose they could.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Maybe DS9's writers actually watched that episode, and decided some of those were reasonable ideas to use. Too bad Enterprise's writers didn't do the same.

" ...no phasers in the 22nd century."

Gah.
From watching the behind the scenes part of the DvD for ENT it sounds like the Studio made them put a lot of those classical trek items in when they didn't want to. The writers didn't have a lot of choices sadly.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Monroe wrote:From watching the behind the scenes part of the DvD for ENT it sounds like the Studio made them put a lot of those classical trek items in when they didn't want to. The writers didn't have a lot of choices sadly.
C'mon, man. The writers/showrunners could've talked the studio into using the terms "lasers" and "torpedoes" without much effort. The transporter would've been a compromise, but like I said, I would've made them much more limited and accident-prone. They could've used "hull integrity" instead of "hull plating" and still gone the same direction with the show.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I dunno. Thing about studios that hold you're pay check is you're pretty much a prosittute to them. Whatever they say goes. Studio wanted transporters, the producers didn't. Studio got what they wanted. The writers thought the borg script should only be used as a last resort. Studio really wanted it. Borg episode came to pass.

Now the commentaries aren't going to just come out and say what they were bullied into doing by the studio but they did mention those things.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Monroe wrote:I dunno. Thing about studios that hold you're pay check is you're pretty much a prosittute to them. Whatever they say goes. Studio wanted transporters, the producers didn't. Studio got what they wanted. The writers thought the borg script should only be used as a last resort. Studio really wanted it. Borg episode came to pass.

Now the commentaries aren't going to just come out and say what they were bullied into doing by the studio but they did mention those things.
Too bad 'Trek can't start their own studio like Marvel did, and produce the material the writers want...
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

In one episdoe it showed Data in the future teaching at Oxford and he looked older.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Teaos wrote:In one episdoe it showed Data in the future teaching at Oxford and he looked older.
"All Good Things", and he mentioned that he'd been modified to look older because he felt like it.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

But he's not really that old. Remember in TNG he's only like 15 I think.

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

How old was he in that future?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I'd guess in his 40'a maybe 50's.