Theoretical question.

The Next Generation
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

That pretty much sums it up. Thanks for saving me the trouble of typing something like that out. :wink:

DuskofDead wrote:The number of Americans quick to see Spielberg movies about WWII and reminisce sadly about how horrific it was and then turning around and scoffing derisively at historical claims of genocidal acts against American Indians is rather disconcerting.
Yeah we got the old "heave-how" when America decided to spread west. There were active programs to reduce or eliminate any tribes deemed "hostile". A good example is the practice of offering huge bounties (hundreds of dollars in the 1800's) for Native scalps.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

That....is horrible...native scalps? Excuse me if i sound rather feminine but that is absolutely disgusting. :evil:
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

Reliant121 wrote:That....is horrible...native scalps? Excuse me if i sound rather feminine but that is absolutely disgusting. :evil:
Oh yes, it gets worse. So many entrepreneurs striking out to the frontier areas to make a buck put their ingenuity to good use and started "half scalping" Indians so they could get double the pay for just one kill. In response local bounty offices had to start requiring that the ears be attached to the scalps because so many people were doing this. Oh and there was a price structure too. I don't recall the exact dollar amounts but it was something like $10 per man, $5 per woman and $3 per child in 19th century dollars. (A lot of money.)
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Huh never heard of that. I always thought they pretty much just chased them off rounded them up and took away their lands and weapons.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

No, what European-derived Americans did to the Native Americans was pretty evil. And to respond, Teaos - my answer about the blockade of G.B. was based on purpose rather than effect.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Thats plain horrible. Barbarians
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I hope you don't put all of the "Americans" in that catagory.
There were many who got in trouble for protecting the "Indians".
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Oh i dont put all Americans in the Cruel heartless Bastards group no.
Most people on here dont fall into it :wink: