Favorite Episodes: TNG

The Next Generation
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Favorite Episodes: TNG

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

I checked and found a thread on this on page 2 of this (TNG) forum, but that was a while ago, a lot of members haven't made a vote, and we don't have one for every series. So, I'll start here and go through all the series in turn (I can't do TAS since I have never seen as much as a second of it - I hadn't even heard of it before reading DITL).

We pretty much have some classics - BoBW, AGT, The Inner Light, Chain of Command, etc. If we can list some that aren't generally considered classic that we like a lot, that would be rather interesting. Beyond BoBW, AGT, Inner Light, I like Redemption (both parts - Worf's tough choice in pt 1, Data owning the Romulans in pt 2 and Worf's decision to spare Toral at the end), The Defector, The Wounded, most of the other eps involving the Worf/Klingon arc or Q are fun (Deja Q is among the funnier episodes of TNG), Frame of Mind, The Pegasus. There are others that I'd always enjoy watching, but those spring to mind.

"Q Who" deserves special mention for formally introducing the Borg (nevermind that ENT garbage), but it was a good episode in its own right, culminating in a fantanstic scene between Q and Picard on the bridge where my sig is said by Q* and Picard begs Q to rescue the Enterprise.

On the level of individual scenes, scenes involving Guinan are usually pretty good.

* I was looking among Trek quotes to sig and a few choices didn't fit under the character limit. I settled on the Q quote, the first one I tried that went thruogh, and haven't bothered since. It's not a bad quote, anyway. One of my choices that didn't work was McCoy's great quote to Kirk in "Balance of Terror," about how in all the Universe there's only one of us.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Yesterday's Enterprise has always been a favourite of mine - great for depicting a time-change scenario that didn't involve a ship or individual being miraculously immunem and showing what a competant Starfleet could have been like.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Yesterday's Enterprise and AGT are about the only episodes I like.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yesterday's Enterprise, Best of Both Worlds, All Good Things, Chain of Command and virtualy everything with Q in it, simply because it's fun to watch him constantly piss Picard off.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I"ll second Rochey. Anything with Q in it was gold!
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Definitely add Yesterday's Enterprise to my list. The Enemy was one of the better early episodes and reestablished the Romulans.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

The Defector.

One of Picards best moments, carrying the fate of the Federation in his hands and living up to the responsibility brilliantly.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Captain Seafort wrote:Yesterday's Enterprise has always been a favourite of mine - great for depicting a time-change scenario that didn't involve a ship or individual being miraculously immunem and showing what a competant Starfleet could have been like.
You remember that they were losing badly, right? :wink: That said, it's probably my favorite episode. I wish they had the budget to do what they had planned for the end though.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I also like Redemption.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Cpl Kendall wrote:You remember that they were losing badly, right? :wink: That said, it's probably my favorite episode. I wish they had the budget to do what they had planned for the end though.
True, but at least the crew were behaving more like a professional military than at any other point in the series. And I agree wholeheartedly with your wish that we'd been able to see the originally scripte ending.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

:chopper: OFF WITH HIS HEAD!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

What was the original ending?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Basically similar to what we got, but longer, bloodier, and more expensive for Paramount, so they couldn't afford it. The highlights were Data getting electrocuted and the decapitation of Wesley Crusher. :twisted:
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Deepcrush wrote::chopper: OFF WITH HIS HEAD!
Rochey, read above.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

the decapitation of Wesley Crusher.
Curse you, Paramount! The one thing I always wanted to see, so close to being realised. :cry: