3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Worf had chickenpox?
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

The Klingon version of it, at any rate, in "Up the Long Ladder" (the one with the clones). He keeled over on the bridge, and Pulaski made up a story about him fasting and failing to reduce his output, to reduces his embarrassment at suffering from a childhood illness.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I thought it was Klingon measles. And come to think of it, if they can alter than own genome at will in ENT times, how have they not come up with school-age vaccines by the TNG era?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

According to the script it was "rop'ngor". Whatever its human equivalent is, Worf was not happy about the idea of suffering from a childhood disease.

As for the vaccine, their experimentation with genetic tampering didn't exactly go according to plan. Also, given Worf's repeated insistence that Klingons don't get ill, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have vaccines on those grounds. Just as Klingon warrior prowess means that they don't need rifles, support weapons or tactics.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Being a warrior means never having to say you're... smart. :lol:
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Pulaski

Post by Mark »

Look on the bright side gang! If she was still serving on the Repulse, doesn't that mean she got blown up in the war??? :happydevil:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Mark wrote:Look on the bright side gang! If she was still serving on the Repulse, doesn't that mean she got blown up in the war??? :happydevil:
I like this guy.
as Bull offed Custer
katefan
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by katefan »

I have found that over the years I have come to like Pulaski. Some have condemned her for her inability to view Data as a sentient being, but I appreciated that point of view. Look at Measure Of A Man and we can see how there are many in Starfleet with the same attitude. Despite Starfleet's mandate to seek out new life forms, there is still going to be some hesitation in accepting that Man created one right under their noses.

I also appreciated the conflict as well. Everyone got along so well that first season and I found myself really missing the old McCoy/Spock debates/arguments. As for Data taking it, well, why woudn't he? He has no emotions, no ego, and by this I would imagine he is pretty used to being looked at as a machine by a certain percentage of the population. He is sentient, but incomplete at this point of his development.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I imagin he had a pretty hard time of it at the academy with the other cadets not liking him.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Teaos wrote:I imagin he had a pretty hard time of it at the academy with the other cadets not liking him.
It's Data - he wouldn't care one way or the other.
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

He always wanted to be more human, being rejected by them would not have been what he wanted.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Teaos wrote:He always wanted to be more human, being rejected by them would not have been what he wanted.
True, but that rejection wouldn't have hurt him or affected him as such.
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Quite true. He didn't have emotions at that point, so it wouldn't really have bothered him much.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

That explains the overload with his emotion chip in Generations: all those pent up feeling for so long, :D
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.