"Forces of Nature"

The Next Generation
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Is it also possible that the impassible space surrounding the corridor "contains" the effects of warp engines, amplifying the local effects? I guess this would be kind of like boiling water in a pressure cooker compared to an open pot: with nowhere for the steam to go, pressure goes way up. :?:
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Captain Picard's Hair wrote:Is it also possible that the impassible space surrounding the corridor "contains" the effects of warp engines, amplifying the local effects? I guess this would be kind of like boiling water in a pressure cooker compared to an open pot: with nowhere for the steam to go, pressure goes way up. :?:
It's as plausible a take on this as anything else.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

The surrounding space compressing the effect sounds good otherwise you'd imagine that with all the traffic into the sol system (or other centre of galactic commerce or command) for centuries would have made some noticeable effect that someone would spot - short of yer one having to kill herself to prove the point. Maybe a strongly worded letter would've been a better option :)
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

They tried the "strongly worded letter" approach - the Fed Science Council read it then ignored it. Since the word of the FSC apparently counts as Holy Writ, it was then taken as fact by all and sundry that they were talking gibberish. Solution: mine the corridor and await Starfleet's response. Gerry Adams would be proud of them.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

LOL!
I can just picture the scene.
"Dear mr prime minister, please remove the english forces of occupation in my country, signed Gerry A aged 6"

After a 20 year wait...

"Bu**er this martin the letter didn't work, I'm gonna try a fund raising raffle to try raise awareness of the plight of the hump backed whale instead".
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!