"Why INSURRECTION is the WORST STAR TREK Movie"

The Next Generation
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

"Why INSURRECTION is the WORST STAR TREK Movie"

Post by Nutso »

His contention is that the movie's theme of "technology bad; non-technological lifestyle good" is antithetical to Star Trek. Warp Speed is technology and it's this particular technology that led to humanity beginning to change for the better, mentally, physically and, spiritually. It's what led the Baku to this brave new world where they can give up technology.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: "Why INSURRECTION is the WORST STAR TREK Movie"

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

I subscribed, favorited, and commented in YouTube
I’ll copy what I said there to here as well.
No, no. I agree surely the worst of the films.

Another most excellent review and commentary.
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

It's one way of looking at it.

I look at if this way, the theme is doing what you feel is right even if against orders. Even if it saves hundreds but by doing so, it depraves billions or trillions. Would you move or kill hundreds to save billions?

The anti technology aspect for me is just a background thing.

Star Trek V is by far the worse of them all.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

Insurrection should have been the Enterprise crew against itself

Admiral Dougherty arguing they need to help the Sona to pry them away from the Dominion, and telling Picard that his efforts in diplomacy have managed to get several hundred ships freed up to defend the Federation
Picard arguing the Prime Directive vs Dr Crusher trying to save lives across the Federation
Troi arguing how much it will harm the Ba'ku vs Worf remembering the harm he has sen as a strategic officer on DS9 for the Dominion War

Have the crew looking at each other in suspicion, each starting to think the other side is wrong.

Turn the Enterprise crew into their own enemies, and make the arguments for both sides good.

That would have made it a much better film
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Coalition wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:09 amInsurrection should have been the Enterprise crew against itself

Admiral Dougherty arguing they need to help the Sona to pry them away from the Dominion, and telling Picard that his efforts in diplomacy have managed to get several hundred ships freed up to defend the Federation
Picard arguing the Prime Directive vs Dr Crusher trying to save lives across the Federation
Troi arguing how much it will harm the Ba'ku vs Worf remembering the harm he has sen as a strategic officer on DS9 for the Dominion War

Have the crew looking at each other in suspicion, each starting to think the other side is wrong.

Turn the Enterprise crew into their own enemies, and make the arguments for both sides good.

That would have made it a much better film
I take it you've been watching Chuck Sonnenburg's review.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

Lol.
Forgive me for this guys but it JUST occurred to me...

Maybe the whole theme of the movie was about Captain Spocks statement in wrath of khan, “the needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few”.
:laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: *<:*)X :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”
bladela
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by bladela »

put on this speech, the many should not be the Federation's population and the few the Baku?
"in casa dal 4 marzo, come sono felice"
"at home since March 4th, how happy I am"