Federation starships - the Constellation class

The Original Series
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Federation starships - the Constellation class

Post by Meste17 »

So I have hit a little puzzle here. I understand not much is known about the Constellation class (as shown by the USS Stargazer), however, there is not even a launch date. Some sources show the Constellation launched in 2284, while some other sources (such as the novel Honor Blade) clearly establish some ships such as the aforementioned Stargazer under construction as early as 2276. So my question: Which date is it? Is it maybe 2275 or earlier or is it truly 2284?
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Federation starships - the Constellation class

Post by Meste17 »

Ok REALLY need an answer ASAP because I cannot do a character role play without this information
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

It is 2275 according to memory beta...so take that as you wish....obviously there is no hard canon source for that.

That being said..the constellation class is one of my all time favourite ships. The design is just so utalitarian, practical, rugged looking and makes so much sense. Let's be fair, the whole saucer - neck - secondary hull arrangement, while iconic - is not really practical and badly unbalances the ships.

The constellation is much more realistic in that regard, no wasted space, everything in the huge saucer with propulsion in the back...apart from Star Trek peculiars - like the bridge on top - this layout would make even sense in real life imho.

It also looks quite nice from almost all angles, which is astonishing considering it is a kitbash......it really looks like it should be the rugged workhorse cruiser of the fleet, I regret that we never saw more of her.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Meste17 wrote:Ok REALLY need an answer ASAP because I cannot do a character role play without this information
Yes you can. You obviously have the information so choose the date. It's going to be just as right or just as wrong any of us would say.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Officially, nobody knows. If we did, it would be documented on DITL with a reference.
email, ergo spam