Flashback

The Original Series
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Flashback

Post by Meste17 »

So in Flashback, Kang was quoted as saying, "Mister Sulu, I see they have finally given you the captaincy that you deserve." Does Kang maybe have a thing of admiration for Sulu, and maybe he considers him an honorable warrior, not a compliment a Klingon often gives a human?
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Flashback

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Meste17 wrote:So in Flashback, Kang was quoted as saying, "Mister Sulu, I see they have finally given you the captaincy that you deserve." Does Kang maybe have a thing of admiration for Sulu, and maybe he considers him an honorable warrior, not a compliment a Klingon often gives a human?
Seems like it.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Well, Kang was able to cease fighting and laugh away the Hate Entity in Day of the Dove. Probably the most... reasonable of the TOS Klingons. I really wish he had survived Blood Oath.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Well, Kang was able to cease fighting and laugh away the Hate Entity in Day of the Dove. Probably the most... reasonable of the TOS Klingons. I really wish he had survived Blood Oath.
The most reasonable, but not the only one to have a healthy respect for humans in general and Kirk and his crew in particular. Remember Kor's disappointment at not getting a chance to test himself against a force he clearly regarded as his equal in Errand of Mercy. Indeed, the only Klingons I remember being dismissive and insulting towards humans were Koloth's 2iC and his drinking crowd, and there's the distinct possibility that that was put on, given that he was trying to start a fight.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Captain Seafort wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Well, Kang was able to cease fighting and laugh away the Hate Entity in Day of the Dove. Probably the most... reasonable of the TOS Klingons. I really wish he had survived Blood Oath.
The most reasonable, but not the only one to have a healthy respect for humans in general and Kirk and his crew in particular. Remember Kor's disappointment at not getting a chance to test himself against a force he clearly regarded as his equal in Errand of Mercy. Indeed, the only Klingons I remember being dismissive and insulting towards humans were Koloth's 2iC and his drinking crowd, and there's the distinct possibility that that was put on, given that he was trying to start a fight.
Well, I didn't say he was the only one. ;) But you're right that, yeah, the Klingons regarded the Enterprise and Kirk as worthy foes.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

There seems to be even in novels when written in the Klingon perspective to regard Kirk (especially Kirk) and crew as equals or better than Klingons. Worthy foes and all. I think one of the Gorkon books called him 'the Great foe' or something.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"