Organians

The Original Series
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Organians

Post by Monroe »

I'm watching TOS for the first time from start to finish. One thing I saw, and I know DITL agrees judging from the data entries, is that Organians in TOS and ENT act like two separate species. What are your guys' thoughts on that? I had figured the studio originally planned on having another Organians episode later down the road to show this change. But, then I was thinking, it could very well be that the two Organians are two separate cultures. Sort of a Romulan and Vulcan split. One is very logical and cold, the other uses emotions (though in this case positive emotions). That would explain the vast differences between the two. It's a shame there's no new Star Trek airing these days that we could hope to see this concept explored further.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Organians

Post by Teaos »

Could just be society differences. We see huge differences in the Q.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.