Impuls speed how fast is it.

The Original Series
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Guess not. I wonder if any new series would be on UPN, or whatever its called now.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

That's a good question. Would the CW pick it up, or would it air on CBS, the parent network?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Or NBC might take it back after all these years. It is kind of funny how the network decided that Star Trek would not last, yet here we are.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

stitch626 wrote:Guess not. I wonder if any new series would be on UPN, or whatever its called now.
UPN went belly-up, so it's not going to be on there.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

UPN merged with WB to become CW, so I guess they'd be the most likely candidate to pick up a new 'Trek. Though, their demographic is a bit different, so I doubt they'd even try.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Tsukiyumi wrote:UPN merged with WB to become CW, so I guess they'd be the most likely candidate to pick up a new 'Trek. Though, their demographic is a bit different, so I doubt they'd even try.
Oh? I was told they folded but it doesn't really matter. After two mediocre series I doubt that their successor would be keen for another one.
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

Tsukiyumi wrote:UPN merged with WB to become CW, so I guess they'd be the most likely candidate to pick up a new 'Trek. Though, their demographic is a bit different, so I doubt they'd even try.
Are we pipedreaming or is anyone actually discussing the possibility of producing a new Trek right now? I REALLY hope some lessons were learned from Enterprise... ideally they'd wait till Battlestar Galactica is all done and steal back that writer from DS9.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I believe we are, as you say, "pipedreaming."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I'm not. I think that, as has been said before, even with the advice we've posted here that a breather needs to be taken. I'd be willing to wait a little for the next hypothetical series if it meant an increase in quality and attention to detail.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, if it's a good series then I have no problem with a new series.
ideally they'd wait till Battlestar Galactica is all done and steal back that writer from DS9.
Agreed; get Ron D Moore in here.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

Rochey wrote:Well, if it's a good series then I have no problem with a new series.
ideally they'd wait till Battlestar Galactica is all done and steal back that writer from DS9.
Agreed; get Ron D Moore in here.
Yup, if there had been any rivalry or jealousy between B&B and Moore (I imagine it more on the former side than the latter) then I hope the success of Enterprise vs. the success of Battlestar Galactica has knocked a few inches off of B&B's egos.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

From what I heard, Moore left Trek because he had several arguments with B&B over what VOY was going to be like. I find it quite fitting that he later went on to completely sink ENT with nBSG.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

Rochey wrote:From what I heard, Moore left Trek because he had several arguments with B&B over what VOY was going to be like. I find it quite fitting that he later went on to completely sink ENT with nBSG.
Yeah, EVERYTHING I have EVER read about the guy (and I mostly read anything at all because I had heard from so many people that he had really set ideas about Enterprise and was very inflexible-- not usually the type to read up on what producers/etc. are saying) in magazines, interviews, etc., just reeks of an inferiority complex of being in the shadow of greater creators/writers for most of his professional life. Not to mention a total contempt for fans and continuity.

My summation of Braga in a line would be, he didn't have what it took to create anything truly original, yet he took a Trek and managed to mangle it worse than anyone has in 40 years.