Remastered TOS episodes

The Original Series
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Remastered TOS episodes

Post by T'Pau »

A few years back, Paramount remastered all of TOS and TNG.
I was surprised when I watched 'Arena' and 'Amok Time' (a pair of favorites) and saw the Gorn blink and the shot of the Vulcan fighting area from above. Still undecided about the changes as a whole.
How do you feel about the remastering?
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Remastered TOS episodes

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I really like the remastered episodes, though I do think they made odd choices here and there. I definitely appreciate that the blu rays gave you the choice of the remastered or the original effects shots, so that the purists could have what they wanted too.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
DonP
Senior chief petty officer
Senior chief petty officer

Post by DonP »

I absolutely love the remasterings, but I'm biased, because the Conny-class Enterprise was pretty close to being my first crush and the more beautiful shots I can get of her, the better.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

DonP wrote:I absolutely love the remasterings, but I'm biased, because the Conny-class Enterprise was pretty close to being my first crush and the more beautiful shots I can get of her, the better.
That's how I feel about the Refit Connie.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

One thing that bugs me about the remastered eps - Friday's Child. The Klingon says his ship is a small scout ship, but when we see it, the remastered version swaps the coloured blob of the original episode for a Klingon cruiser.

I really wish they had given us a TOS-style Bird of Prey for that scene. I'd looove to see the Klingon fleet of that era fleshed out a little. Guess they didn't have the money...
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...