The Original Series
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

SF Debris: Mirror, Mirror

Post by Nutso »

http://blip.tv/sf-debris-opinionated-re ... ew-7142344
Star Trek: Mirror, Mirror Review

Opinionated Star Trek Episode Guide looks at one of the most famous episodes of the classic series, Mirror, Mirror. Thanks to an ion storm Kirk and company wind up in an alternate reality where the Federation is an empire, everyone is evil, and of course, the goatee of power!
Evil Spock is here.

Knight Rider got in on this too.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: SF Debris: Mirror, Mirror

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Oh, yeah. Both Mirror Mirror and Knight Rider, classic. :P It's a shame DSN bungled the mirror universe, because that is one of the classics of TV.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I rather enjoyed the DS9 mirror eps, even if the original intent got twisted.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Meh. DS9 mirror people were essentially just the same characters but a bit more grumpy. And if female, a bit more gay.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Graham Kennedy wrote:Meh. DS9 mirror people were essentially just the same characters but a bit more grumpy. And if female, a bit more gay.
I didn't say that they added anything useful to the MU milieu, just that they were enjoyable. And nostalgic, when Nana Visitor wore Olivia Newton-John's old headband.
as Bull offed Custer
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

The only part I really liked of the DS9 MU was when the Defiant took on that giant ship. And that was just because it looked cool. Otherwise it was a bit of a wet firecracker to me. Not terrible episodes, just not great. Now Enterprise, they did the Mirror Universe dead right.

Anybody ever read the novel, Dark Mirror? It's a TNG version of the Mirror universe, not at all like the DS9 version - the ISS Enterprise-D and an evil version of the TNG crew. It's just about my favourite TNG novel.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Graham Kennedy wrote:The only part I really liked of the DS9 MU was when the Defiant took on that giant ship. And that was just because it looked cool. Otherwise it was a bit of a wet firecracker to me. Not terrible episodes, just not great. Now Enterprise, they did the Mirror Universe dead right.

Anybody ever read the novel, Dark Mirror? It's a TNG version of the Mirror universe, not at all like the DS9 version - the ISS Enterprise-D and an evil version of the TNG crew. It's just about my favourite TNG novel.
I recall that book, albeit it was years ago. Good Picard is caught in Mirror E-D, finding Engineering a much larger power core in Engineering and all manner of destructive weaponry. I also seem to vaguely recall some bit about about mirror Troi coming on to Picard.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Mirror Troi is the most evil of the lot, basically the ship's political officer/ Her job is pretty much to go around mind raping people to make sure they act evil enough.... [smile]

It's also nice htat Geordi and Troi carry a lot of the plot. A BIG chunk of the book is those two sneaking around on the mirror E-D. And a sentient dolphin on the real E-D! How cool was that?
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Graham Kennedy wrote:And a sentient dolphin on the real E-D! How cool was that?
Given that it was partially responsible for the genetically engineered subspace telepathic humpback whales fiasco, not very.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I loved that book. That is how to do the Mirror Universe!
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Given that it was partially responsible for the genetically engineered subspace telepathic humpback whales fiasco, not very.
Time-traveling genetically engineered subspace telepathic humpback whales, thank you very much.
:laughroll:
as Bull offed Custer
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Captain Seafort wrote:
The what?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Graham Kennedy wrote:
Captain Seafort wrote:
The what?
You don't recall our favorite hermaphroditic quadruped-intending ex-member's rationale for the probe-sending species in ST IV?
as Bull offed Custer
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

Mikey wrote:
Graham Kennedy wrote:
Captain Seafort wrote:
The what?
You don't recall our favorite hermaphroditic quadruped-intending ex-member's rationale for the probe-sending species in ST IV?
Bite my shiny metal ass
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Mikey wrote:You don't recall our favorite hermaphroditic quadruped-intending ex-member's rationale for the probe-sending species in ST IV?
Not something I got involved in, I'm afraid.