Lifespan of the Balance of Terror era Romulan BoPs

The Original Series
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Lifespan of the Balance of Terror era Romulan BoPs

Post by Granitehewer »

Hello !

I was wondering (I've not seen Balance of Terror in YEARS!) about the TOS era RSE BoP...

For my birthday on Saturday one of the tabletop wargames hosted at the house include a TNG/DS9 era battle, now I've got a fleet of D7s, Scout ships, and D'Deridex but it's definitely the least versatile armada available. I was hoping to pimp it up a bit by recycling some of my TOS BoPs (probably will undercoat a few green) so I was wondering if anyone thought that it could be plausible for the Romulans to still retain some Birds of Prey in their arsenal ?

I see on the DITL page for the Romulan D7's that they're supposed to have remained in use until this period and was wondering if that could apply for the birds of prey too...

Thanks ! :D

PS if this issue has already been tackled then apologies- this month is my return after quite a long absence.
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lifespan of the Balance of Terror era Romulan BoPs

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Well, Klingons still use the same design they did in TOS, so why not the Romulans? Hell, Klingons still use the same design they did in Enterprise!

It doesn't make a lick of sense to me, but there you go.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Graham Kennedy wrote:It doesn't make a lick of sense to me, but there you go.
We've had this discussion before, and I still think you're using the wrong timeframe as comparison.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Well stuff it, I'm painting them green !
:)
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay