What If - STIV

The Original Series
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

You're right. I should have expected this by now. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

And yet you didn't! Such a shame on you Rochey.

What if Teaos was here huh? He looks up to you, loves you, respects you, admires you! This would have broken his heart!
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

:lol:
Aw, poor Teaos. :P
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

Hmmm, the probe being female? Let's see, it's a gigantic cylinder with a sphere underneath it....uh, I don't think it's female.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

How did i know that was coming? :P
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Perhaps because there had been no innuendo for the past three minutes? :P
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: What If - STIV

Post by Mark »

Gang.....everybody always considers Earth as the Heart of the Federation. But really, while losing Earth would be a devistatiting loss, I seriously doubt the Federation would fall apart. By this time the Federation consists of way to many member worlds to let the loss of even the "capital" scatter it. It would be awful, but there would still be all of those human colonies from Mars all the way to Alpha Centari and so on. Most likely the "capital" would be moved to Vulcan, while efforts to re-terraform Earth would begin.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

It might not destroy it out right but it would cripple it. Humans rule the Federation, with out Earth the Federation is nothing.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Let's not forget the Federation's ridiculous over-centralization. Everything important is based at Earth. The President, the government, Starfleet HQ, construction yards, recruitment academies, etc. While the Federation could survive losing Earth, they can't exactly just shrug it off as no importance.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Its also the fact that humans hold an important leader ship roll, and while there are colonies Earth would probably still hold a huge percent of the total human population. So with Humans gone as a major player the Federation may lose its way and fracture.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

At the very least, it would seriously affect command and coordination efforts of any military counter-actions.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

On the other hand, we'd finally see the upside of never having starships at Earth. You could expect the bulk of Starfleet to be intact!
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

GrahamKennedy wrote:On the other hand, we'd finally see the upside of never having starships at Earth. You could expect the bulk of Starfleet to be intact!
:lol:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

And the shipyards are at Mars.
Just felt like saying that.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, everything in the system would probably go down.