Star Trek III Question

The Original Series
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Star Trek III Question

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I rewatched Search for Spock recently and wondered if anyone can tell me this: Why did Admiral Kirk re-record, almost verbatim, Dr. Marcus's original Genesis Project proposal?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Star Trek III Question

Post by McAvoy »

Otherwise Dr. Marcus would have gotten royalties and Starfleet was tight with cash.

Or Kirk does what Kirk wants.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

It might have been for a deposition or something.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Sonic Glitch wrote:I rewatched Search for Spock recently and wondered if anyone can tell me this: Why did Admiral Kirk re-record, almost verbatim, Dr. Marcus's original Genesis Project proposal?
So they didn't have to pay the actress for her appearance.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...