Species of the week: Gorn

The Original Series
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Teaos wrote:My money is on the giant moth.
You mean the Temporal Faction-Modified Cardassian?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Yeah... sure.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Species of the week: Gorn

Post by Mark »

I love the Gorn!!! I always felt that they were treated like the unwanted stepchild of the Trek universe, but I think that they would have made some of the most interesting characters of all. For some reason I always saw them as becoming allies if not joining the Federation ( I have no basis for this opinion, just a feeling ). Forget about Worf, how about a Gorn in charge of security? Intimidating? I would think so. I know that for financial reasons, it wasn't feesable to use the Gorn to often, but man, what a waste :mrgreen:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I do find it funny tht the Gorn are so popular with fans when they had such a small roll. Most species of the week dont get this much of a fan following.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Teaos wrote:I do find it funny tht the Gorn are so popular with fans when they had such a small roll. Most species of the week dont get this much of a fan following.
It's not like we had a massive number of reptile like species in Trek.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Teaos wrote:I do find it funny tht the Gorn are so popular with fans when they had such a small roll. Most species of the week dont get this much of a fan following.
The Gorn interest a number of folks because in "Arena," they were shown to actually be the aggreived party, not the evil aggressors. Most of the sentiment I've heard leans toward the "I wish they were more than just 'alien-of-the-week'" feelings.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Mikey wrote:
The Gorn interest a number of folks because in "Arena," they were shown to actually be the aggreived party, not the evil aggressors. Most of the sentiment I've heard leans toward the "I wish they were more than just 'alien-of-the-week'" feelings.
What Mikey said. They were shown to be more than reptile stereotypes. The Gorn in Arena, wasn't evil, wasn't just a monster, and was somewhat civilized- he was willing to allow Kirk to surrender to him for a merciful death. In Arena, we see that the expansionist Federation had invaded another species' space and seized their territory. It would've been nice to see a little more of the Gorn. We never saw enough. Never even saw their spaceship. :cry:
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park