What if?!

The Original Series

What is the best series, for 'what if' scenarios?

ENT
31%
TOS
8%
TNG
8%
DS9
23%
Voy
31%

Total votes: 13
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

What if?!

Post by Granitehewer »

What are everyones' favourite ''what if?'' scenarios, (can we all choose say 5, then compare)?
for example, i often think ''what if Kirk had been killed on rura penthe before the khitomer conference?'' or ''what if the 'minds eye' plot by the romulans in tng had succeeded?'' or ''what if shinzon had eliminated picard and donatra and their cohorts?'' or ''what if the house of Duras had won the klingon civil war, or clone-Kahless had killed Gowron'' or ''what if the wormhole hadn't been mined, in the Dominion war era?'' etc......
The accompanying poll,is best series for possible 'what ifs'
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I have to go with Voyager, because the setting makes a "what if?" premise so easy - just say that there's some local property or species to cause "it" to happen, and then be able to reverse it in 55 minutes. Besides, the Voyager crew almost has a patent on screwing with timelines...
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'd go with DS9. There's just so many 'what if?' possibilities in the middle of a war.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

I go with Voyager. Being in an unknown territory like that with no support results in a lot of what ifs.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I'm going with DS9 because i want to see what can happen now that the War is over!
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Enterprise. What if Manny Coto had been in charge from the start? It could have been a great series.

And yes, I know that isn't what Granite was talking about, but the point stands.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Captain Seafort wrote:Enterprise. What if Manny Coto had been in charge from the start? It could have been a great series.

And yes, I know that isn't what Granite was talking about, but the point stands.
There's a thought. For starters it wouldn't be the first Trek show to be cancelled since TOS.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

TOS was far above ENT. To think that they both got cancelled... :(
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

TOS was just to far aheah of its time i think.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I still getting my head around the idea that TNG is 20 years old! I remember the soiree my friends and I had to watch the premier!

BTW - Thank the Lord it got better than "Encounter at Farpoint"...
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
ZebulaNebula
Crewman
Crewman

Post by ZebulaNebula »

DS9 ... the show had quite the complex storylines to begin with ... converging and diverging quite nicely. A few monkey wrenches would have caused staggering changes.
~Boldly going nowhere~
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

ZebulaNebula wrote:DS9 ... the show had quite the complex storylines to begin with ... converging and diverging quite nicely. A few monkey wrenches would have caused staggering changes.
Yeah. Gotta agree there. And are you the same Zeb from theforce.net? If so, welcome!
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

I originally was going to say Enterprise, but then I thought to myself, the series already had a bunch of what-ifs in it, like, what if phasers were invented before TOS, or what if the Vulcans had a civil war, or what if we encountered the Borg before Q sent Enterprise D to the Delta Quadrant, but I decided to go with Voyager instead. :wink:
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-