2 Star Admiral

Re: What is the 23rd Century Starfleet?

Post by stitch626 »

DSG2k wrote:
stitch626 wrote:
You are incorrect.

TOS saucers: http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/sftm.htm
TMP saucers: http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/ds9tm.htm

That's a lot of Constitution saucer usage, as well as nacelle usage. I'm counting at least five different classes or variations. And we can't forget the Miranda either, can we? That's six.
None of the ships that make use of the TOS Connie hull are canon, and therefore do not exist in Trek. I'm not sure which ship has the TMP Connie saucer, so if you could point it out by name, that would be helpful.
I gave you the links, and you lie to the faces of all. All those vessels are canon, because they are seen on screen, whether on shipboard computers (what, you think someone was photoshopping on the bridge?) or in live-action.

You guys are getting more desperately dishonest with each passing post. It's truly astonishing to watch.
Wrong. NONE of the TOS ones were in any episodes. If so, prove it, with a vid clip of the ep.

As for the TMP, I see no TMP ship that used the Connie saucer, so please enlighten me. Point it out specifically, either by name or with another pic.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I'd say I'm sorry but I'm not and it must be done!

:laughroll:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
DSG2k
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DSG2k »

stitch626 wrote:Put together, not built. There is an enormous difference.
More semantic gamesmanship.

I'm sorry, chief, but you just need to give up. You're claiming they built (or rebuilt or assembled or put together or modele reduit or whatever horsecrap you want to claim) a Constitution Class ship for Wolf 359, and you're apparently claiming this to be more likely than my contradiction-avoiding premise of a separate design using parts that resemble or are based on the front end of the engineering hull of a Constitution.

If you believe that, you're mad as hatters. You're not even trying to have a Star Trek that makes sense . . . you're just arguing for the sake of argument.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

You're claiming they built (or rebuilt or assembled or put together or modele reduit or whatever horsecrap you want to claim) a Constitution Class ship for Wolf 359, and you're apparently claiming this to be more likely than my contradiction-avoiding premise of a separate design using parts that resemble or are based on the front end of the engineering hull of a Constitution.
No. I am claiming that it is a possibility (just as likely as your theory) that does not violate canon in any way by imagining a none existent ship.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Also, I must apologize. I was quick to assume without looking closely at the images. Those TOS ones are canon. In shape only. There is no evidence that they are comprised of Connie saucers, other than a saucer that resembles the Connie (which isn't hard, seeing as its a circle).
DSG2k
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DSG2k »

Now you're going to dispute the re-use of Connie saucers by FJ while also claiming that the re-use of the damaged Connie proves your point?

Contradiction, ahoy!
Last edited by DSG2k on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

DSG2k wrote:"There's one in the fleet museum" does not allow for a mothballed ship. And an unfinished hull being dragged to Wolf 359 makes no sense.
Very silly question, but could the ship seen at Wolf 359 be the one out of the Fleet Museum ?The Fleet Museum may be in open space, and they turned dragged Galactica back into action.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
DSG2k
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DSG2k »

stitch626 wrote:
You're claiming they built (or rebuilt or assembled or put together or modele reduit or whatever horsecrap you want to claim) a Constitution Class ship for Wolf 359, and you're apparently claiming this to be more likely than my contradiction-avoiding premise of a separate design using parts that resemble or are based on the front end of the engineering hull of a Constitution.
No. I am claiming that it is a possibility (just as likely as your theory) that does not violate canon in any way by imagining a none existent ship.
Another ship class doesn't violate canon. Forcing a contradiction within the canon does. Stop pretending you're somehow defending the canon.
DSG2k
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DSG2k »

stitch626 wrote:Those TOS ones are canon.
And the DS9 ones, too. Go ahead, you can admit it.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

kostmayer wrote:
DSG2k wrote:"There's one in the fleet museum" does not allow for a mothballed ship. And an unfinished hull being dragged to Wolf 359 makes no sense.
Very silly question, but could the ship seen at Wolf 359 be the one out of the Fleet Museum ?The Fleet Museum may be in open space, and they turned dragged Galactica back into action.
Actually it allows for plenty of interpretations. There is one in the museum is self explanatory but it doesn't rule out refitted ships to serve as science vessels or cargo craft. The Miranda and Oberth types have been in service for close to a century and have been seen in roles that would require a substantial refit, effectively turning them into new classes.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

DSG2k wrote:Now you're going to dispute the re-use of Connie saucers by FJ while also claiming that the re-use of the damaged Connie proves your point?
No. I am claiming there is no evidence to say that the saucers of the TOS classes are cut and paste from the Connie. Because there is no evidence to suport such a suposition.

And I still have no clue which TMP ships use a Connie saucer. Please enlighten specifically.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Ah, no. See, I'm not disputing the nacelles, only the saucer. Nacelles are commonly reused design wise. Its a theme for a time period.

And none of those ships use a Connie saucer (at least none of the canon ones).
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

The idea that the STTM ships use the same saucer as the Connie is a ridiculous idea anyways. They might use the same shell but the inner arrangement and the equipment would have to be completely different to the onscreen Connie.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Even the fan generated images have differences from the Connie.
DSG2k
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DSG2k »

stitch626 wrote:
Ah, no. See, I'm not disputing the nacelles, only the saucer. Nacelles are commonly reused design wise. Its a theme for a time period.

And none of those ships use a Connie saucer (at least none of the canon ones).
http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/2009/01/ ... ackground/

That one was seen on screen per Drexler, along with the others. That's why they are in the DS9TM, and why there are production models of them. If he just wanted to draw them for the TM why would they make a model?

Good lord man, you could at least try to make sense.