Thoughts On Remastered TOS?

The Original Series
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

:?
I didn't actually notice the sound change. I'll have to pay attention to it next time.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Crushproof
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Crushproof »

I think it's for the better really. I'm a nitpicky person and it's nice to watch the old TOS eps without cringing at the SFX of the time :D
"It is the way of all Empires, old Comrade, to fall prey to the next" ~Mirror Chekov
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

The different planets and the other cosmic bodies they re-did - like the comet in "BoT", the barrier in "WNMHGB" - were one of my favorite things that they did with the Remasters.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
FASATrek
Crewman
Crewman

Post by FASATrek »

Im very pleased with the remastered series. The Doomsday Machine was excellent. Its much cleaner.
I think the DVDs will be available in the US in the fall or prior to Christmas.
celeritas
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by celeritas »

FASATrek wrote:I think the DVDs will be available in the US in the fall or prior to Christmas.
wait, have they remastered all of them already? and there are DVD's coming out? wow, i've been living under a rock...
FASATrek
Crewman
Crewman

Post by FASATrek »

The first season is available on itunes, unfortunately I cant find the link that said it will be out on DVD in the fall.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

I was unaware all were being remastered. That's quite cool. I dunno about back in the old country, but the prices of the DVD's in the US have gone way down. I purchased Seasons 2 and 3 of TNG for $40 each at a wholesale (Costco). DS9 6 and 7 I originally paid $100 for, but snagged 5 later on for about $55. And I hear the full series are being released as special sets for a pretty discounted price than the original $700 offered for them.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
celeritas
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by celeritas »

Bryan Moore wrote:I was unaware all were being remastered. That's quite cool. I dunno about back in the old country, but the prices of the DVD's in the US have gone way down. I purchased Seasons 2 and 3 of TNG for $40 each at a wholesale (Costco). DS9 6 and 7 I originally paid $100 for, but snagged 5 later on for about $55. And I hear the full series are being released as special sets for a pretty discounted price than the original $700 offered for them.
booo i spent my tuition on those dvds years ago.... :cry:
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

celeritas wrote:
Bryan Moore wrote:I was unaware all were being remastered. That's quite cool. I dunno about back in the old country, but the prices of the DVD's in the US have gone way down. I purchased Seasons 2 and 3 of TNG for $40 each at a wholesale (Costco). DS9 6 and 7 I originally paid $100 for, but snagged 5 later on for about $55. And I hear the full series are being released as special sets for a pretty discounted price than the original $700 offered for them.
booo i spent my tuition on those dvds years ago.... :cry:
Seasons 5, 6, 7 of TNG came to me at very little cost, due to an amazing loophole in a particular retail store that was going out of business. I'd get into details, but I'm not sure on the legality, and admitting to possible crime online isn't the most brilliant thing. Lets just say that a loophole in computer inventory combined with an exceptionally clever store manager, as well as an accidentally delivered shipment of DVD's from a distributor led to good times.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Bernd
Petty officer first class
Petty officer first class

Post by Bernd »

They might have changed a bit more about computer interfaces and about the backgrounds of studio sets without touching the essence of TOS. They should not have changed the flying dildo in "Spock's Brain". I hope they keep in mind not to go too far in the upcoming episodes.