oh vulcan

The Original Series
Grundig
Commander
Commander

oh vulcan

Post by Grundig »

Best series ever. Not to mention the movies!

I'm really hoping there's something of TOS in this new concoction JJ Abrams is ... um, concocting.
DBS
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DBS »

You said it! With any luck "Star Trek" won't repeat the mistakes of ENT, but will also be fun, interesting, and exciting without being "the Real World on Campus, Starfleet Academy Edition"

Not sure whether to be excited or scared.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Jean-Luc Picard, quoting judge Aaron Satie
Handel
Petty officer second class

oh vulcan

Post by Handel »

well I've obviously cast my ballot as to which series I prefer...

as for movie XI, I'm actually a bit optimistic. I wouldn't mind seeing Kirk, Spock et al go through the undergrad experience that I'm currently in. There's nothing to say that it won't flop, and heck, the very absence of Berman and Braga almost guarantee something good'll come of it!
I Am Spartacus
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by I Am Spartacus »

I'd almost like to see something centred around the USS Excelsior, though Takei is obviously too old to reprise his role as captain and finding a replacement might be too difficult.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

TOS is by far the best Trek series out there.

Concerning movie XI I personally am not expecting much after the last couple of films but it will be nice to see Kirk and co again.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Ferrarius
Petty officer third class
Petty officer third class

Post by Ferrarius »

It was a wonderful part of the series and some of the episodes certainly belong to my top ten star trek, but I hate the entire idea of seeing a Matt Damon kirk in the academy. It much rather they'd make a movie that starts of a new series in the late 24th or early 25th century with a completely new crew. Perhaps a crew on training that has to grow up faster after an accident creating a stronger crew. But I think Star Trek is stagnating by staying in the same time-frame and that is a sign of lost imagination on Berman and Braga's side.
DBS
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DBS »

I Am Spartacus wrote:I'd almost like to see something centred around the USS Excelsior, though Takei is obviously too old to reprise his role as captain and finding a replacement might be too difficult.
One could do a series that featured Starfleet a few decades before TNG, though, with an Admiral Sulu as a main character. That might be interesting.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Jean-Luc Picard, quoting judge Aaron Satie
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Post by SolkaTruesilver »

I would prefer to see a new ship, with a new crew, with Captain Worf in command.
Handel

oh vulcan

Post by Handel »

umm-Worf's the UFP Ambassador to Q'onos.

hey that wouldn't be too bad of an idea either. Yeah I know I'm a politics nerd...
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Post by SolkaTruesilver »

Since Nemesis takes place more than 3 year after DS9's season ending, and Worf is serving on the Enterprise, I think it would be reasonnable to assume that Worf returned to Starfleet..

But I wonder how it would be like.. A captain of a Starfleet vessell who is the brother of the Klingon Chancellor..! wow.. ouch..

Beware, Romulans!
I Am Spartacus
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by I Am Spartacus »

They can't do a Starfleet Academy series. We all know what college is really like, and it doesn't make for a family friendly show. Certainly not one that could be aired on UPN.
Crushproof
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Crushproof »

I Am Spartacus wrote:I'd almost like to see something centred around the USS Excelsior, though Takei is obviously too old to reprise his role as captain and finding a replacement might be too difficult.
Star Trek: Shattered Universe on Playstation 2.

I've quickly grown to hate the sound of Takei's voice saying "Defend the Excelsior"

What if I don't want to defend the bloody Excelsior? I'm the pilot of my fighter, and if I want the Enterprise to destroy you it damn well will.

...what was I saying?
"It is the way of all Empires, old Comrade, to fall prey to the next" ~Mirror Chekov
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I'm afraid of Star Trek XI because of ST: Enterprise syndrome - no matter how well intentioned the writers may be, you can't "go back" and add anything to an established character without changing what had already been established. Bad enought that Enterprise did that with continuity of design, race relations, etc.; now, chances are, that it will happen with the actual characters of Kirk, Spock, et. al.!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Yeah thats a big problem. They are just trying to play on how every likes TOS so they are trying to milk it.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.