TAS gets a makeover

The Original Series
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

TAS gets a makeover

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

What type of animation should it use? Tartakosky like in Star Wars Clone Wars? Anime?
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

I vote anime
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Seconded.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

My vote is the same as the last time we discussed this - Genndy Tartakovsky's (sp.?) style is exactly the thing.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Didn't we already point out the numerous problems that would arise from doing it in anime style?
Either go for more traditional western style animation, or go CGI.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Rochey wrote:Didn't we already point out the numerous problems that would arise from doing it in anime style?
Yes but I still think it would be more successful then western animation(if you want to call it that :P ) or CGI which would be more expensive and thus riskier. Maybe a combo style would satisfy you? I know a few series that combined traditional anime with CGI. Zoids would be one the first one off the top of my head.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Rochey wrote:Didn't we already point out the numerous problems that would arise from doing it in anime style?
I say use whatever style Heavy Metal used.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yes but I still think it would be more successful then western animation
Despite the fact that it would lose a massive amount of the fan base, you mean? :roll:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Rochey wrote:
Yes but I still think it would be more successful then western animation
Despite the fact that it would lose a massive amount of the fan base, you mean? :roll:
More so then any other animation style? Besides, it'll be taken seriously, unlike western animation, and isn't as expensive as CGI
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

ChakatBlackstar wrote: More so then any other animation style? Besides, it'll be taken seriously, unlike western animation, and isn't as expensive as CGI
Seriously like every other anime in North America? When the average North American thinks of anime they picture Sailor Moon, Astroboy, Robotech, Akira and Final Fantasy. Your going to grabs lots of casual fans with that. :roll:

Anime fans have an even greater stigma than Trek fans.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Cpl Kendall wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote: More so then any other animation style? Besides, it'll be taken seriously, unlike western animation, and isn't as expensive as CGI
Seriously like every other anime in North America? When the average North American thinks of anime they picture Sailor Moon, Astroboy, Robotech, Akira and Final Fantasy. Your going to grabs lots of casual fans with that. :roll:

Anime fans have an even greater stigma than Trek fans.
You clearly haven't been to North America recently. Anime is more popular then Star Trek right now, and unlike western animation it can be taken seriously. And like I said earlier, it's financially safer then CGI.

Of coarse the real problem isn't the style of animation, but the writing.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
You clearly haven't been to North America recently.
Haha, look at my location.
Anime is more popular then Star Trek right now, and unlike western animation it can be taken seriously. And like I said earlier, it's financially safer then CGI.
Yeah because Trek got run into the ground with two shittastic series and two crappy movies. How exactly is anime taken seriously? Nobody could find one mainstream anime series the last time we had this discussion and anime fans are roundly condemned as losers who would only pork a Japanese girl (but are too clueless to actually get a woman).
Of coarse the real problem isn't the style of animation, but the writing.
Well, yeah. That's been an issue for years now.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Haha, look at my location
You know what I meant.
How exactly is anime taken seriously? Nobody could find one mainstream anime series the last time we had this discussion
Didn't I mention Speed Racer last time? It now has a live action movie coming out in theaters next month. If that isn't mainstream I don't know what is.
anime fans are roundly condemned as losers who would only pork a Japanese girl (but are too clueless to actually get a woman).
only by ignorant jackasses. I have a girl. I have two friends at school who are into anime. One of them has a girl, the other is a girl who has a guy who's into anime. In fact I don't know one person who fits that discription
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Didn't I mention Speed Racer last time? It now has a live action movie coming out in theaters next month. If that isn't mainstream I don't know what is.
One series that three different people from different continents had never heard of. One of which who was a kid when it was re-run. Stratling triumph tthere.
only by ignorant jackasses. I have a girl. I have two friends at school who are into anime. One of them has a girl, the other is a girl who has a guy who's into anime. In fact I don't know one person who fits that discription
Live in Vancouver for a while then.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Western or CGI. Absolutely no anime.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?