TAS gets a makeover

The Original Series
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Do it a'la the DCAU and it'll be gangbusters. Blackstar? You're wrong. Deeply wrong. The DCAU was/is better than a lot of anime I've seen.
Well, if you watch 3 series, and two of them are crap then your image of it can be scewed quite a bit. You've probably, or at least hopefully watched more then that, but just because you've had some bad luck with anime doesn't mean the majority is bad. And just because you don't like them doesn't mean they are bad. There are plenty of anime series I don't like, but that doesn't mean they're bad.

Oh, and IMHO DCAU didn't even have any of the cool heros. And isn't it dying off now?
Here's a list of the anime I've seen completely, or at least follow:

Sailor Moon
Cowboy Bebop
Big O
Naruto
Robotech/Macross
Nausicaa
Kiki's Delivery Service
Cardcaptor Sakura
Vampire Princess Miyu
Mobile Fighter G Gundam
Reservoir Chronicle Tsubasa
Dragonball Z
Saint Tail
Peach Girl
Voltron
Gunsmith Cats
Serial Experiments Lain
Yuyu Hakusho
Trigun
Noir
Madlax
Azumanga Daioh
Metal Fighter Miku

And that's off the top of my head, mind you.

I like all of them and love some of them, but for most of them, I like the DCAU better. You think because I like the DCAU more, I don't like anime. Again, you're wrong. I simply recognize that the DCAU is better than them. Same with Gargoyles, Exo-Squad, G1 Transformers and Beast Wars.

None of the cool heroes? Gee, I remember a vast cross-section of them, from the Blawkhawks and Sergeant Rock's Squadron of WW II to Superman, Wonder Woman, Mister Terrific, the Question, Joker, Penguin...

And even though no new material comes out does not mean the older material is somehow 'less' for it. Everything ends, sadly.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

I simply recognize that the DCAU is better than them
Okay, whatever you're on I'll take two of.
None of the cool heroes? Gee, I remember a vast cross-section of them, from the Blawkhawks and Sergeant Rock's Squadron of WW II to Superman, Wonder Woman, Mister Terrific, the Question, Joker, Penguin...
I only recoginzed two of those names(Superman and Wonder Woman). That alone should say something. And I used to be into hero type stuff when I was ten and I don't think I could forget that much in nine years.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

All that says is that you don't know them. Ask a truly heterogenous cross-section of America and I'm willing to bet that more people will recognize the name Blackhawk or Sergeant Rock than will recognize Bleach or Trigun.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
I simply recognize that the DCAU is better than them
Okay, whatever you're on I'll take two of.
I only recoginzed two of those names(Superman and Wonder Woman). That alone should say something. And I used to be into hero type stuff when I was ten and I don't think I could forget that much in nine years.
*Hands Blackstar a can of mountain dew, glass of iced water and glass of sunny delight*

There, the hardest stuff I've ever done. Don't get too wild!

And here's some more characters from:

Batman: TAS

Superman: TAS

Batman Beyond

Justice League

Justice League: Unlimted

Yeah, I think they've got enough heroes there. :roll:
Mikey wrote:All that says is that you don't know them. Ask a truly heterogenous cross-section of America and I'm willing to bet that more people will recognize the name Blackhawk or Sergeant Rock than will recognize Bleach or Trigun.
I'm an anime fan and I'd take that bet!
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Yeah, I think they've got enough heroes there.
I prefer quality over quantity.
All that says is that you don't know them. Ask a truly heterogenous cross-section of America and I'm willing to bet that more people will recognize the name Blackhawk or Sergeant Rock than will recognize Bleach or Trigun.
Isn't Blackhawk a type of aircraft? We're talking about superheros and anime Mikey.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
There was both in the DCAU. And you wanted superheroes? I GAVE you superheroes! And supervillians. And I defy you to tell me the changes they did to Mister Freeze and the Clock King in Batman: TAS weren't quality and vast improvements over the original.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote:
There was both in the DCAU. And you wanted superheroes? I GAVE you superheroes! And supervillians. And I defy you to tell me the changes they did to Mister Freeze and the Clock King in Batman: TAS weren't quality and vast improvements over the original.
You don't want me to comment on that. Trust me, I wouldn't be nice.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote: I prefer quality over quantity.
You don't want me to comment on that. Trust me, I wouldn't be nice.
Go right ahead, Blackstar.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:Isn't Blackhawk a type of aircraft? We're talking about superheros and anime Mikey.
Oh, thanks... I forget easily at my advanced age. :roll:

Really, is proffering your own ignorance of the topic meant to be a rebuttal?
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Mikey wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote: Really, is proffering your own ignorance of the topic meant to be a rebuttal?
Well, you're the one who's bringing up stuff that has nothing to do with TAS, superheros or anime, which is what we were talking about.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Just because you've never heard of Blackhawk doesn't mean the character didn't exist - it only means that you're ignorant of its existence.
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Mikey wrote:Just because you've never heard of Blackhawk doesn't mean the character didn't exist - it only means that you're ignorant of its existence.
Wait, that's the guy's name? Were all the names with man at the end taken?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Mikey wrote:Just because you've never heard of Blackhawk doesn't mean the character didn't exist - it only means that you're ignorant of its existence.
Yeah, he was deciding between two suffixes - "Hawk" or "Star" - and took the one that didn't sound as silly.
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Ouch.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Mikey wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Yeah, he was deciding between two suffixes - "Hawk" or "Star" - and took the one that didn't sound as silly.
Ooooooh....that's cold. Really cold. That hurt. That actually hurt.