Star Trek 'XI' delayed till May '09

The Original Series
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Cpl Kendall wrote:It's a teaser, chances are based on the usual practice that most of what's in the teaser will not be in the movie.

Look to STVI's teaser for an example.
Or Star Trek: First contact. Voyager was actually in the trailer, along with scenes from Star Trek Generations. I think only the scenes with people in the trailer were actually in the movie.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I want it to flop for the simple reason that if its a sucess they may consider doing another retro series. Which would be utter crap.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Teaos wrote:I want it to flop for the simple reason that if its a sucess they may consider doing another retro series. Which would be utter crap.
And possibly kill the franchise all together? I'd rather risk a retro series. Hopefully with that writer they added in season 4. Not only was he good, he fixed many of the problems the series had created and began changing the series into what it should've been from the start. Then B&B had to fowl it up one last time with These Are the Voyages.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Whether or not I want the series to die or not depends a lot on this film. If it can win back some quality for Trek, then I'd be willing to have them try another series if B&B were shown the door permanantly, and they bring in some good writers.

On the other hand, perhaps it's time for Trek to simply be put to sleep. What with all the idiocy of Voyager and Enterprise, it may be best just to put the franchise out of it's misery. All good things must eventualy come to an end.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Rochey wrote:Whether or not I want the series to die or not depends a lot on this film. If it can win back some quality for Trek, then I'd be willing to have them try another series if B&B were shown the door permanantly, and they bring in some good writers.

On the other hand, perhaps it's time for Trek to simply be put to sleep. What with all the idiocy of Voyager and Enterprise, it may be best just to put the franchise out of it's misery. All good things must eventualy come to an end.
I don't mind if the series dies, just so long as I'm already dead.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:I don't mind if the series dies, just so long as I'm already dead.
Amen, Blackstar. :D
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939