Star Trek 'XI' delayed till May '09

The Original Series
Capt. Jethro
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Star Trek 'XI' delayed till May '09

Post by Capt. Jethro »

American by birth, southern by the grace of God!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Damn, beat me to it, Jethro. :)

A pity about that. Though if it increases the quality of the film, I won't complain.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Enkidu
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Enkidu »

An extra 5 months away. Shame, I'm looking forward to it.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

bugger....i was looking forward to that
Serapha
Petty officer second class
Petty officer second class

Post by Serapha »

I'm honestly not that enthused. I'll go see it, but I'm not expecting too much.
"I'm sorry, Penterian Fleet Command cannot come to the comm right now, all our personnel are currently tied up..."

www.bladespark.com It's cute and fuzzy, click at your own risk.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'm with you, Serapha. I'm honestly not expecting much for this film, which is why I'm happy to wait a little longer, if it increases the quality of the film.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

I'm cautiously (very cautiously) optimistic that with B&B out of the way, and Abrams doing the film, we might see a continuation of the improvement Enterprise saw in its final two seasons. Sure I'd be astonished if it beats II or VI for quality, but I think it has a good chance of being better than either of the last two, or V (not saying much, I know, but it would be something).
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

True, it was down to B&B that the last few films sucked big time. Are they in any way involved in this film, or are they gone completely?
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

As far as I'm aware they're gone. They were involved in the first plans for the 11th film, but not the current project.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Thank Christ for that.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Let's hope it doe simprove the quality. Man, I was looking forward to this! :x
Foxbat
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Foxbat »

Well, since they seem to be building a spaceship on a planet and not in a spacedock, I guess it's running behind schedule... :D

I don't know if the above topic has been mentioned elsewhere, but a non-trek fan asked me that when he watched the trailer that it seemed odd they they would build the ship on a gravity world and not in zero-g, and I really didn't have an answer for him... :?
"Nothing is more Airwolf than Airwolf!" http://www.ernestcline.com/spokenword/airwolf.htm
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

It's a teaser, chances are based on the usual practice that most of what's in the teaser will not be in the movie.

Look to STVI's teaser for an example.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Good point, Kendall.
Hopefuly that's the case, as building a ship designed for space travel on a planet causes several problems.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

I don't really mind if they do, it'll at least be different from the usual Trek but this movie won't be saved by gimmicks.