Jadzia on Voyager

Show us your fanfic, original stories, poems, etc
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Jadzia on Voyager

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

What if Jadzia became the Chief Science Officer of the USS Voyager, offered the job for both her qualifications, and experience in the Gamma Quadrant - the idea here also being that Voyager was to begin proper exploration of the GQ, but didn't have a full crew compliment when it departed DS9, because of the mission for tuvok/maquis. And, here, she not only took the offer, but boarded before the trip to the Badlands. Lets also say that she's one of those officers who rank up rather quickly (cavit, as old as he was, was a two gold and one black pip Lt Cmdr, and to me he looks older than Riker did when he became first officer of the Ent-D as a full three-gold-pip Commander). So she'll be a Lt Cmdr herself and therefore the second officer. (Given the rank/promotion issue with tuvok, this means that he is behind Jadzia in the chain.)

Combine with my other idea where Naomi Wildman at some point post-endgame ended up assimilated, freed, faced other issues, went back in time, joined Starfleet Academy in the past as a means to getting back to Voyager... and well, the idea uses that as reason to happen. (Maybe Naomi gets to know Jadzia? Maybe her mom knew Jadzia too?) Here, Naomi knows Jadzia, and suggests her to Captain Janeway based on the whole 'Gamma Quadrant' element. And that Janeway didn't tell anyone what the original long-term mission of Voyager was supposed to be to avoid "Took a wrong turn there, Captain" jokes. The people who did know aside from the Cap were all otherwise killed.

Maybe throw in a vision from the Prophets to Jadzia or someone near who basically then tells her that she should go on the "Voyage of a lifetime"....
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Jadzia on Voyager

Post by McAvoy »

Jadzia on Voyager would be a interesting thought.

Is this an idea you are throwing around for a fanfic?
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Jadzia on Voyager

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

kind of, my muse has basically disappeared for writing. I keep getting ideas themselves, but anytime I open up word and try to start... yeh, I got nothing.