Starbase 35 part 3

Show us your fanfic, original stories, poems, etc

What race would be best suited for Starbase 35's chief engineering officer?

Bynar
No votes
Catullan
No votes
Napean
No votes
Tellarite
100%

Total votes: 3
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Starbase 35 part 3

Post by Meste17 »

Part 3
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Re: Starbase 35 part 3

Post by Bryan Moore »

Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

:lol:

In all seriousness, how the fuck are WE supposed to know what’s best suited for anything within YOUR fiction?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Dude, as we've explained time and time again... this is your fiction. Whatever you do is your choice, even if it means your Starbase is crewed by Jonathan Archer, Kathryn Janeway, and Scooby-Doo. Taking a poll as to what we think is best for your imagination would mean that it is no longer your imagination. Obviously you have some decent ideas here - run with them and let us know how it turns out.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Bryan Moore wrote:and Scooby-Doo.
"Rields up! Rire at rill!"
as Bull offed Custer
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Do we EVER see anything that actually comes from these constant requests?

I don't recall that Meste17 has ever posted a single piece of fan fiction, fan art, or anything else related to Trek or any other universe here.

So is he not only asking us to do his work for him, but asking us to create stuff for him... that he then posts as his in other places???
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Graham Kennedy wrote:Do we EVER see anything that actually comes from these constant requests?

I don't recall that Meste17 has ever posted a single piece of fan fiction, fan art, or anything else related to Trek or any other universe here.

So is he not only asking us to do his work for him, but asking us to create stuff for him... that he then posts as his in other places???
I get a more innocent, if still as obnoxious, impression that he wants to write, but without all the heavy lifting that a writer must do first. That is, a writer must create his milieu - his show bible, as it were - and notate things to keep consistency throughout. I feel like he wants us to do that bit for him.
as Bull offed Custer
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

Meste17, this needs to come from YOUR imagination, not ours. Asking for a FEW suggestions here and there when you're in a slump is one thing, and I'm sure we'd all be happy to help if that were the case. But asking us to practically write this story for you, asking us for help for all the major bits of the story is like saying, "hey, I have an idea for a story, but I need your imagination to come up with all the settings, characters, and maybe the plot as well." No offense, but this is getting kind of annoying.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

I vote Pakled
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Coalition wrote:I vote Pakled
Well, technically he won't have to worry about needing things to make them go...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Graham Kennedy wrote:Do we EVER see anything that actually comes from these constant requests?

Exactly. It's been what three of four years of polls on very specific things like what species the captain of the USS Yoyo should be. What should deck 13 have on USS Yoyo.

Not a single thing to show for it.

I am going to do a poll on "What is Captain Rinni Gibbi's favorite food?"
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

McAvoy wrote:

Exactly. It's been what three of four years of polls on very specific things like what species the captain of the USS Yoyo should be. What should deck 13 have on USS Yoyo.

Not a single thing to show for it.

I am going to do a poll on "What is Captain Rinni Gibbi's favorite food?"
Cheese pizza, extra garlic.